opus bt-c100 not charging after inserting battery in wrong direction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

opus bt-c100 not charging after inserting battery in wrong direction

Hi, I accidentally put battery in reverse position in this charger and result was some amount of smoke.
    After inspecting the board I found a damage transistor. It was shorted and after removing some of the functions of the charger started working again. This element is part of charging circuit and now it is not charging any batteries.
    My question is how to determine exact specs of this transistor? It is in body SOP-23-3 and writing on it is "ALSF 12"and 12 is rotated on 90 degrees.
    I'm adding also picture of this part of the board.
    Thanks
    Attached Files

Re: opus bt-c100 not charging after inserting battery in wrong direction

Any suggestions about this abbreviation?

Comment

Maybe this will help https://sergei.nz/opus-bt-c100-rever...ty-protection/
      All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Thank you very much SMDFlea for the link, p-channel mosfet is enough to get it working again.

Comment

Yesterday changed with IRLM9301 and now working perfect again. Thanks

Comment

10x, changed with TSM2311CX, and solder MBR3045 dual shottky diode in parallel to battery connection terminals in reverse (i prefer to damage battery if put it wrong, but not device again)

Comment

pr0fessor can you explain this again please? Do you have a suggestion to fix the polarity protection?

Comment

Working...
              X