Dreamlink T1 plus two green lights, need working dump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dreamlink T1 plus two green lights, need working dump

O.k. that is a eMMC. Usually they either work or they don't. I would flash a new firmware on it and go from there. You can look carefully on the 4 data lines with an oscilloscope and you will see a healthy activity.
    Is there a possibility to get that little box into a emergency recovery mode, factory default or something? Then you could just insert a usb stick with the firmware and recover.
    I came across this: http://www.aftvnews.com/how-to-unbri...mazon-fire-tv/

Comment

@CapLeaker I got the same issue 2 greenlights tried to usb fix it did not work by any chance if i mail u my device would u fix it for me?

Comment

Probably it cost more to ship it to Canada plus parts, than to replace it. The link to my dump file should be still working. All you have to do is to write that with a programmer to a new EMMC or find someone that has these capabilities near you. Of course the EMMC has to be at least the same speed than the old one was. Then swap the EMMC out. I’ve programmed mine before I soldered it back in with my hot air soldering station.

Comment

Originally posted by CapLeaker View Post
          Probably it cost more to ship it to Canada plus parts, than to replace it. The link to my dump file should be still working. All you have to do is to write that with a programmer to a new EMMC or find someone that has these capabilities near you. Of course the EMMC has to be at least the same speed than the old one was. Then swap the EMMC out. I've programmed mine before I soldered it back in with my hot air soldering station.
          i would not mind ship it to canada as the box got some memories and i am not good with soldiering or anything to do with electronics and ofcourse i will pay the expense since i cant direct message you on here, here is my telegram @tdi200

Comment

Originally posted by CapLeaker View Post
            Probably it cost more to ship it to Canada plus parts, than to replace it. The link to my dump file should be still working. All you have to do is to write that with a programmer to a new EMMC or find someone that has these capabilities near you. Of course the EMMC has to be at least the same speed than the old one was. Then swap the EMMC out. I've programmed mine before I soldered it back in with my hot air soldering station.
            Hi CapLeaker, you are the only one I guess who figured out whats wrong in these t1 until. BTW where in Canada R u ? I got a spare dead t1 sitting around, and wondering if it is worth the shipping cost plus your charges to fix it up. Sadly i dont have any programming device available around.

Comment

@CapLeaker please make it happen bro

Comment

Looks like a pretty capable box, can the andriod 4.2 be updated?
                Last edited by nomoresonys; 10-20-2023, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                  Looks like a pretty capable box, can the andriod 4.2 be updated?
                  As far as I can remember it ran Kitkat back then.
                  All these android IPTV boxes had good specs on paper back then and probably now too, but if you exactly look at it, they were running these android TV boxes at almost full bore. So a OS upgrade would not be going over so smoothly at all. Maybe you could upgrade to the next one from 4 to 5, but that’s about it.

Comment

Ok, yes I think support was crap for most of the chinese boxes, specially the cheap unbranded ones. china is true to their reputation, build the worse crap with the cheapest worse components and lie lie lie and the people will still buy, maybe not all chinese companies but many of them. They have pretty much the whole world owing them huge sums of money and it's mostly just because of the shipping discount they were given/granted/allowed to have, way back in time when their economy was nonexistent, that combined with the government subsidized shipping has put the rest of the world at their mercy, pretty SICK. I wonder if they're still selling those kids toys that were painted with lead paint , probably. Oh shit, I almost forgot to mention how much coal they burn, it's a lot. a small article there: https://www.cbc.ca/radio/costoflivin...hina-1.6950967
                    Last edited by nomoresonys; 10-21-2023, 01:50 AM.

Comment

My bad, got a little off topic there, end of rant.

Comment

Yes, I know. For example some items now that I used to buy at AliExpress are totally gone. Other items I can get cheaper locally than AliExpress now. It’s crazy. At the moment I really have to check multiple sources to get a good price. The problem with it here is that it seems to bei either double or half the price in my neck of the woods.
                        To bring OT back to track, the android box I had was a MiniX or something like that.

Comment

nothing wrong with burning coal,
                          it drove the industrial revolution.
                          i'm proud to say i lived in a house with real coal fires in it

Comment

Really? then again, maybe it's all just propaganda lolol: Can skip to Industrial pollution or read it all: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pollution_in_China
                            Last edited by nomoresonys; 11-17-2023, 06:38 AM.

Comment

CapLeaker Interesting thread.
                              The RT809H kit seems huge, are you aware of the Allsocket, BGA153 adapter with SD Interface, only 40% of the price and more compact? https://amazon.co.uk/dp/B01M2XA8FF/
                              Do you think this would also work for your case?

As for the tech stuff, do you think dead-bugging(ie removing the eMMC) is better than in-situ reading/writing ?
                              Also, why do you think your resistor got fried first time around?

Also, you said above eMMC should be same speed not faster, why should that matter? eMMC have a built-in controller + clock, therefore it should be ok to have faster eMMC, no?

stj indeed, im still in a place with real coal fires, sometimes wood when run out. Energy prices are all a controlled political operation, which I can avoid by getting free wood from the forest.
                              Last edited by Isabella91; 01-15-2024, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Isabella91 I used the RT809h and since I had multiple DreamLink boxes. I did the work different ways using the onboard wire and the taking off the EMMC and reading it to an BGA153 adapter. The reason was because there were different units that had failed and the only way of making sure the EMMC works is putting it in the adapter. After all there was one where it had bad BGA solders. The EMMC has speed ratings like an SD card. Depending on the design you can't replace the EMMC with a slower one without having any ill effects. Could you put a faster one? Probably, but won't do you too much good either, since the EMMC can be faster than the hardware cajoled read it and it's more expensive.
                                I got no idea how that resistor on the D0 line got fried. The only thing I had hooked up on there was my oscilloscope and the data wire from the RT809h. Reading and writing is a very slow process using one data line. Taking the EMMC off and put it into the adapter is much faster read and write speeds.
                                Keep the size of the card in mind, while it works to go from let's say 4 to 8GB, chances are good that a 64GB card does not work.
                                Last edited by CapLeaker; 01-16-2024, 05:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X