Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AsRock H87M bootloop issue

Hi guys!

I've bought an AsRock H87M used. I already knew that it had this issue: when you press the power button, fans start spinning for a second, then the system reboots endlessly, until you don't shut off the psu.

I've checked the pins on the socket and they are all ok.

What could it be?

Thanks in advance for the reply!

Re: AsRock H87M bootloop issue

Have you tried another PSU, RAM ,CPU.Is the CMOS battery good
    Last edited by SMDFlea; 08-07-2020, 06:36 AM.
    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
      Have you tried another PSU, RAM ,CPU.Is the CMOS battery good
      Tried 2 PSUs, with and without RAM, with and without CMOS battery (2.95v). Cpu is the only thing I can't change because I have only one of them (1150), but the previous owner also has the same issue, so I believe it can't be the CPU.

Comment

A memory battery under 3V is considered "spent". Check the pins on the CPU socket and see if some are bent, check and clean the ram slots with 99% IPA, take a white eraser and clean the contacts on the ram. Try using only one stick of ram.

Comment

Originally posted by CapLeaker View Post
          A memory battery under 3V is considered "spent". Check the pins on the CPU socket and see if some are bent, check and clean the ram slots with 99% IPA, take a white eraser and clean the contacts on the ram. Try using only one stick of ram.
          Thanks for the tips! 2.9v is spent for sure, but can it be a good volts value to make the motherboard works correctly?

I have to try to clean the ram slots, because is the only things I haven't done.

Comment

that and maybe the ram is bad

Comment

Originally posted by CapLeaker View Post
              that and maybe the ram is bad
              The issue is present also with no ram stick on, so I believe the ram is not the problem, in this case.

Comment

The strange thing is that, if I jumper clrcmos for a lot of time (around one hour) and I remove the battery too and then I reassembly all and start the system, it starts and I have no reboot, but with black screen. When I turn it off and then turn it on again, the bootloop starts again!

Comment

helo,
                  rewrite bios chip!

Comment

Originally posted by Aliencomputres View Post
                    helo,
                    rewrite bios chip!
                    I've already tried to rewrite it, but unfortunately it doesn't work.

BTW, I took the BIOS ROM from AsRock official page (the .cap file).

Comment

Working...
                    X