Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pioneer VSX 930 - MCACC led - wireless led blinking

Hello from France

First, please forgive me for my English. I used to speak English quite well at school but I think I loosed a lot of my skills.

I hope I will find some help to repair my 3 and a half years old VSX 930.

First, it suddenly shut off with "AMP ERR" message and MCACC PRO red led blinking.
    After doing some search on Internet, I disassemble AMP board an tested for shorten transistor but no luck because eveything seems good. So I tested every transistor and diode but still no shorten component.

I reassemble the amp board in the receiver but the problem was still present.

I tried to start the receiver without the amp board connected and I basically get an overload errror.

When I reassemble all AMP BOARD connectors, a very little electrical arc occured and now when I start the amp, I have the wireless led blinking and sometime I can see AMP ERR.

I think the wireless led blinking is the real problem but I'm not sure.

I have download the service manual but I think I nedd some help to find the real problem.

I have a multimetre, soldering iron (and good skills using it). I have repair home heater, washing machine but this time, it's a bit harder !

Please, help me if you can so I can enjoy my movies again.
    Attached Files

Re: Pioneer VSX 930 - MCACC led - wireless led blinking

to me an amp err occurs, when there is DC on one of the output channels. Check each channel again.

Comment

Originally posted by CapLeaker View Post
      to me an amp err occurs, when there is DC on one of the output channels. Check each channel again.
      OK, I'll test again the amp board.

The strange thing is that AMP ERR normally comes withe MCACC led flashing and in my case, I have now Wireless led flashing

Comment

Originally posted by CapLeaker View Post
        Hi,

I have checked all channels one more time but everything seems good.
        All value are nearly the same on each transistor of channels.

AMP ERR appear on the first power the shut off.
        After that, Wireless led is flashing (and no more AMP ERR message).

Any idea ?

Comment

Per pioneer_vsx-1130-k_vsx-90_av_receiver_rrv4596_2015_sm.pdf
          You have 7 amplifiers so you need to check the output of each one to see which has high DC OUTPUT OFFSET that trigger the Speaker DC Detection circuit, see page 34, as you can see, there are 7 resistors, one for each amplifier, it is connected directly to the output of the amplifier. You can also see that you have seven 3-pin (center pin is not used) white connector on the amplifiers PCBA, pin 3 of the connector is connected directly to the amplifier output, see page 53 (Idling adjustment), as you can see example schematic for SL amplifier, the connector TP401 pin 3 is the one you will use to check the DC OFFSET with ref to circuit ground.
          So check all those connector TPXXX pin 3 of all 7 amplifiers.
          Last edited by budm; 07-14-2020, 11:30 PM.
          Never stop learning
          Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
          http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Originally posted by budm View Post
            Per pioneer_vsx-1130-k_vsx-90_av_receiver_rrv4596_2015_sm.pdf
            You have 7 amplifiers so you need to check the output of each one to see which has high DC OUTPUT OFFSET that trigger the Speaker DC Detection circuit, see page 34, as you can see, there are 7 resistors, one for each amplifier, it is connected directly to the output of the amplifier. You can also see that you have seven 3-pin (center pin is not used) white connector on the amplifiers PCBA, pin 3 of the connector is connected directly to the amplifier output, see page 53 (Idling adjustment), as you can see example schematic for SL amplifier, the connector TP401 pin 3 is the one you will use to check the DC OFFSET with ref to circuit ground.
            So check all those connector TPXXX pin 3 of all 7 amplifiers.
            Thank you very much fort this answer !
            I will look in that way.

Comment

Hi

I have read this thread, and have the exact same problem with my Vsx930. (including the spark by reconnecting the amp board, which changed the mcacc led flashing to wifi led flashing).

On tp401 (sl) i measured a dc offset of +30v respective to ground.

Visually i can't see any issues on the board, and i have no shorts on the transistors. If the signal input is disconnected, the output jumps to +55v if the input is shorted to agnd, the output is +30v.
              Does anyone have an idea where the issue could be?
              Thank you (sry for my bad english)

Comment

Sorry to bump an old thread but I'm having the exact same problem.
                Got amp err on the display then when reinserting the amp board. I'd tried unplugging different channels as desoldering each transistor and checking them seems like a huge hassle. Though I think it's 5.1 surround left, so that would be surround back left? That speaker made a popping noise once, the AVR reset and then it made another popping noise and I got "amp err" and a blinking MCACC light. However as I was plugging one of the cables in I got a small arc (the AVR was powered off so I assume it's residual power from a cap somewhere. Now it's the WiFi light that flashes and I can power on with the power button but it shuts down just as quickly. Visually the board looks immaculate and it broke down whilst running the speakers at 45dB attenuation.
                Did OP ever find a solution? Any advice for me if I'm to repair this or is it wrecked now?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Zipo View Post
                  Hi

I have read this thread, and have the exact same problem with my Vsx930. (including the spark by reconnecting the amp board, which changed the mcacc led flashing to wifi led flashing).

On tp401 (sl) i measured a dc offset of +30v respective to ground.

Visually i can't see any issues on the board, and i have no shorts on the transistors. If the signal input is disconnected, the output jumps to +55v if the input is shorted to agnd, the output is +30v.
                  Does anyone have an idea where the issue could be?
                  Thank you (sry for my bad english)
                  Hi,

I have the same problem +30V DC offset at Front Left channel. Did you fix it? I changed transistors, diodes between channels but nothing helped. No shorts, values passive components same like in good channel.

Comment

Working...
                  X