Nichicon buys Fujitsu polymer business

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nichicon buys Fujitsu polymer business

Nichicon Corporation (Headquartered in Nakagyo-ku, Kyoto, Japan, Chairman & CEO Ippei Takeda.) has reached a basic agreement with FUJITSU MEDIA DEVICES LIMITED (Headquartered in Yokohama, Japan, President Izumi Tanaka.) to acquire its conductive polymer aluminum solid electrolytic capacitor business located at its subsidiary of Fujitsu Media Devices (Suzhou) Ltd (FMD) in Suzhou City, China. The business in terms of development, manufacture and sales will be assigned to Nichicon and Nichicon will then take over the manufacturing of these products in China.

dunno if we mentioned this before??
    capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Re: Nichicon buys Fujitsu polymer business

It must be a strange period in Fujitsu: it's selling the hard disk division to Toshiba, the capacitors one to Nichicon but buying the Fujitsu-Siemens stocks from the partner company. I can't think straight now ...

Zandrax
    Have an happy life.

Comment

this will confuse pcbonez...quality caps from china?

this deal needs to be prevented!

i don't see it as surprising....big companies with a lot of spinoffs are cutting the budget in times of crisis...

Comment

Oh....it means there are not much Japanese brand caps(included solid caps) produce in Japan now, all towards to mainland China for saving cost. Hope the quality can keep on as before.
        My SAMXON Capacitors Database HERE!!

X-CON is a new brand for SAMXON's Polymer Capacitors.

Comment

Originally posted by i4004
          this will confuse pcbonez...quality caps from china?

I'm not confused in the least.

It's not where the factory IS,
          it's where the factory gets it's aluminum and electrolytes.

I have never said anything different.

Nichicon, Chemicon, Panasonic all have fabs in China.

Mann-Made Global Warming.
          - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
          -
          You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
          -

Comment

Tokyo, January 30, 2009 — Fujitsu Limited, a leading provider of IT-based business solutions for the global marketplace, today reported consolidated operating income of 13.3 billion yen (US$147 million*) for the first nine months of fiscal 2008 ended December 31, 2008, as higher profitability in the Technology Solutions business buoyed the company amid a decline in demand for semiconductors and mobile products.

Consolidated net sales in the nine-month period totaled 3,507.6 billion yen (US$38,546 million), a decline of 7.9% compared to the same period in fiscal 2007. Excluding the impact of the yen's appreciation, net sales decreased by 3%. The company reported a net loss of 36.1 billion yen (US$397 million) for the nine-month period compared with a net loss of 3.8 billion yen in the same period of fiscal 2007, due to one-time charges and higher non-operating losses.

Operating income from the mainstay Technology Solutions business, which includes IT services, system products and telecommunications equipment, grew 6.3% for the nine-month period to 77.6 billion yen (US$853 million) on higher sales of systems integration services and telecom equipment, along with greater cost efficiencies. Services sales grew 4.8% in Japan, and outside Japan sales rose 4% when excluding the impact of yen appreciation. The strong performance in IT services in Japan was due largely to solid systems integration orders from the public and healthcare sectors.

Volume product areas, such as PCs, mobile phones, hard disk drives (HDDs), and electronic devices were negatively impacted by increasingly severe market conditions brought on by a general downturn in consumer spending and intensified price competition.

On a geographic basis, nine-month net sales in Japan declined by 2.3% while sales outside Japan fell 17.0% due in part to the rapid appreciation of the yen in the third quarter.

"Our business operations remained profitable despite a harsh economic climate," said Fujitsu Limited President Kuniaki Nozoe. "We've proven that we can consistently generate profits in the IT services business, but overall we're not satisfied with the results. I'm confident that the measures we take in the coming months will put us in a better position to grow once the global economy turns the corner."

For the October-December 2008 third quarter, the company reported consolidated net sales of 1,053.8 billion yen (US$11,581 million), an operating loss of 25.1 billion yen (US$277 million) and a net loss of 40.7 billion yen (US$447 million).
            capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

Working...
            X