Ruby MBZ and MCZ now discontinued

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ruby MBZ and MCZ now discontinued

It looks like rubycon MBZ and MCZ are now discontinued. One thing that surprises me as much as the discontinuing is what brand topcat chose to move to. I recall him saying somewhere that sanyo was his next favourite after ruby, so I would have thought that they would have been replaced with sanyo, rather than a brand which was plagued by manufacturing defects for 5 years. My main concern, though, is the use of HZ series. Given that this is a super low ESR series (even lower than MCZ and HN), I don't particularly like them, especially in hotter areas, since as the ESR goes down, the cap is more likely to have heat issues (a bit like Chemi-con KZG and KZJ).

In short, I'm a bit unhappy that I can now cross rubycon off my replacment cap brand list. All I have left now that I'm actually comfortable with is Sanyo and for some sizes, Panny, since i don't particularly like samxon since they are chinese and have problems with some series (I only use RS series in PSUs since they are the only 3300uF 16v caps which fit), Chemi-con do not make a reliable motherboard cap and the only place to sell Nichicon HM is mouser, who charge a rediculous $40 for shipping!
    I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Re: Ruby MBZ and MCZ now discontinued

you can still buy rubys from those 2 guys..

http://stores.ebay.com.au/AudJade-component-shoppe
    http://stores.ebay.com.au/PC-MotherB...pacitors-Store

i've bought caps from both of them before. none of them were fakes.

Comment

You can get them from topcat too for now, but onec everyone runs out then it will be sanyo and panny from then on.

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

Unfortunately, Suncon does not have GC/MCZ rated caps. Fortunately, Nichicon is still producing HM/HN/HZ and it is easily available and well stocked, as well as a lot cheaper than the rest. Even cheaper than Samxon, who've discontinued their ENTIRE electrolytic line and now only produce polymer caps. I've tried purchasing new old stock Samxon from several people in China, but they are asking more for it than I get equivalent Nichicon for so for now, I'll stick with Nichicon.
        "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Comment

OH NO! Not Samxon RS too! Now I'll have to go back to squeezing 12.5mm caps in.

As for Sanyo/Suncon, I know they don't have an MCZ equivilant, but that doesn't worry me, since 9 times out of 10, MCZ are overkill and MBZ ans Sanyo/Suncon WG will work fine.

Comment

Originally posted by mockingbird View Post
            Even cheaper than Samxon, who've discontinued their ENTIRE electrolytic line and now only produce polymer caps.
            WTF!?!?!

Comment

Unfortunately, Suncon does not have GC/MCZ rated caps. Fortunately, Nichicon is still producing HM/HN/HZ and it is easily available and well stocked, as well as a lot cheaper than the rest. Even cheaper than Samxon, who've discontinued their ENTIRE electrolytic line and now only produce polymer caps. I've tried purchasing new old stock Samxon from several people in China, but they are asking more for it than I get equivalent Nichicon for so for now, I'll stick with Nichicon.
              WTF.....who said that?! Sure not!!

As i know, many many old stock famous brand caps are aged or bad batches in mainland China. There is no realiable sourcing there.

My Samxon are souricing from Samxon factory direclty in Hong Kong, many peoples know that here.
              My SAMXON Capacitors Database HERE!!

X-CON is a new brand for SAMXON's Polymer Capacitors.

Comment

I spoke with headquarters in California, the lady informed me that she had sent out memos to all their distributors that electrolytics were being discontinued in order to focus on their new "x-con" polymer line.

Certain Samxon GD is now impossible to get, because it is no longer produced.
                "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Comment

I spoke with headquarters in California, the lady informed me that she had sent out memos to all their distributors that electrolytics were being discontinued in order to focus on their new "x-con" polymer line.

Certain Samxon GD is now impossible to get, because it is no longer produced.
                  It is 50% true. They meant all the ultra low esr series (GD/GC/GA) would be chnaged to polymers (X-CON), not all the electrolytic capacitors.

It is because they think ultra low esr caps will be double range lines if eletrolytic and polymers produce togeter in factory.
                  My SAMXON Capacitors Database HERE!!

X-CON is a new brand for SAMXON's Polymer Capacitors.

Comment

What worries me even more than locating replacement capacitor is what this means for new motherboards...

So I guess if you want reliable new equipment, you'll have to buy a board with all polymer capacitors? Electrolytic quality on new boards has been hit or miss for awhile now, but every now and then I'd luck out and get a board full of Nichicons or Panasonics. For custom builds, using solid polymer isn't really an issue, but I can't really see any of the big OEMs going that route.

Comment

no big surprise as we are reaching the limit of what traditional lytics can take in these vrm's.
                      look for more polys backed up with lots of mlcc.

Comment

Working...
                      X