Lelon Polymer Caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lelon Polymer Caps

We have seen Lelon polymer caps to be on quite a few motherboards. OCRZ series particularly. The following from the Taiwan Industrial Technology Research Institute is relevant, seems they have invested quite a bit in this technology. Hope it works out for them, i have removed bad Lelon wet electrolytic caps from quite a few msi boards......

quote.....

# A series of charge transfer complex salts have been successfully developed, and are used as electrolytes in the solid electrolytic capacitor. Also established are technology and facilities for automated mass production of high performance solid electrolytic capacitor with these organic semiconductor charge-transfer complex salts. The characteristics of the developed solid electrolyte capacitor are in good agreements with those from Japanese companies such as SANYO. The ESR values of 270μF/16V Al organic semiconductor capacitor at 120 Hz and 100 kHz are 100 mΩ and 14 mΩ, respectively. Also, this capacitor possesses excellent electrical properties and high reliabilities such as passing the loading life test at 105°C for 4000 hours and the soldering temperature test at 230oC for 10 seconds.

# Develop the technology and materials for wound-type conducting polymer aluminum electrolytic capacitor that possesses low ESR property. The developed capacitor is 330μ F/16V and of size 10x12.5. Its ESR value at 100 kHz is 6 mΩ, better than Sanyo product. It passes the service life test at 105°C for 1000 hours. The technologies for the synthesis of conducting polymer used as solid electrolyte and for the formation of multi-porous dielectric film were transferred to Lelon Electronic Inc. and Bothhand Electronic Inc. Both companies have invested 20-30 million NT dollars this year to research on new product development, and are planning to invest within two years time 300 million NT dollars to produce v-chip conducting polymer aluminum capacitors and 400 millions NT dollars to produce conducting polymer tantalum capacitors. The production revenues within next three years are anticipated to be exceeding 1.5 billion NT dollars.

endquote.,...
    capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Re: Lelon Polymer Caps

Just wondering...
    Several years have passed since I did capacitor surgery on two Soltek 75KAV mobos. Both are still going but the bulging/leaking capacitor problem is reappearing. The low esr caps I purchased locally were probably as flakey as the originals.

Have you been able to source replacement caps of the Solid Polymer Aluminum type for any of your mobo cap kits?

I would have thought the SPA's would have made it onto the component market by now. If not, any other recommendations?

Thanks ~ John

Comment

Conductive polymer caps are now generally widely available from all the Japanese majors - Nippon Chemicon, Nichicon, Elna, Rubycon, ... These are now largely displacing aluminium electrolytics as well as Oscons in ultra-low ESR, high-current applications. A number of series are available, for instance, from Nippon Chemicon - PS/PSA/PSC/PSE/PSF etc., and are also suitable for the replacement/upgrade market.

Comment

i suspect we will see failures of cheap polys soon.
        quality of the aluminum and other materials is critical.as is getting them perfectly sealed to keep out moisture.

Comment

i agree but there is no evidence yet
          capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

Been watching to see how the non-jap poly's work out.
            I haven't seen a bad one yet but on the other hand I haven't seen very many.
            -
            I'm not going to yank non-jap poly's 'just because' but I'm not gonna buy them as replacements either.

- Not much of a reason to buy questionable brands....
            Nippon Chemicon, PS/PSA/PSC/PSE/PSF and also Nichicon, LE/LF/LG are getting easy to source and much cheaper than just a few years ago.
            I remember seeing 820uF 4v quoted at $7-$8 each 4-5 years ago. Now it's more like $1.
            I imagine the expanded competition is going to drive the infamous OSCON prices down to something reasonable too.
            Mann-Made Global Warming.
            - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
            Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
            -
            You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
            -

Comment

Willawake - how are you mate

Sounds like SPA caps are not yet part of your kit range. Then again, if your other caps do the job there's probably not much reason to add them.

John

Comment

Working...
              X