Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Large recall of power supplies in Slovakia

http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/dyna/r....cfm?rx_id=205

Brands included EuroCASE, Mercury, Trust, Colorsit and Allied (Deer).
    The capacitors (most likely beween Live and Neutral) and between Live and Earth, as well as between Neutral and Earth, are not safety approved .
    In two of them, there is apparently no mains discharge resistor .
    My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Re: Large recall of power supplies in Slovakia

Thanks for the link: this is another good reason to avoid cheaply made psus, togheter with bad caps and electrical damages to your components.

Zandrax
    Have an happy life.

Comment

lol what happened there? the president's pc broke or something?
      what i dont get is that these are basically advisories. so like whilst slovakia is doing something greece might not give a shit. it should instead lead to euro ban
      capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

I'm surprised a lot of the shoddy PSUs I see get past UK safety standards! We even have special mechanisms on the mains sockets that won't let a plug go in unless there's an earth pin on the plug.

How they managed to sell a PSU with the input filter bypassed and no PFC is anyone's guess. Perhaps I should sue the manufacturer
        You know there's something wrong when you open your PC and it has vented Rubycons...

Comment

easy: UK cost lot to buy a given hardware and that where shoddy stuff show up more frequently due to slightly cheaper cost.

Cheers, Wizard

Comment

Working...
          X