LG Plasma 50PA5500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LG Plasma 50PA5500

OK, try to use the EBT number when ordering. Avoid using EAX number as compatibility issues could exist.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I followed "Test_2", the same:
      - Click by click from power board;
      - black screen.

Comment

OK, can you show me how you have set up the resistors?

Does the screen glow, visible in a dark room?

Next step will be isolation of the circuit boards.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

>>OK, can you show me how you have set up the resistors?
          Please see the files.

>>Does the screen glow, visible in a dark room?
          Right now it's not dark, but i'm sure that there wasn't any glow.

>>Next step will be isolation of the circuit boards.
          Need to see in the picture
          Attached Files

Comment

Have I set up the resistors correctly?

Comment

They appear correct. At this point you will need a digital multimeter, do you have one?

Comment

No, I don't. But seems that I can buy it.
                What to check with it?

Comment

You can check the VS and VA high voltage to see if the power supply is working or not.
                  A basic digital multimeter, available for less than $10 from good shops, will do well.

Comment

hm..okay so I got the new main board and put it in. connected everything back plugged it in and it started cycling through the test pattern. I thought well that's odd so I redid the step you had me do earlier minus the bridging And it still went through the test pattern. Only now I have white noise with the pattern where as I didn't before

Comment

Originally posted by Dabbi View Post
                      hm..okay so I got the new main board and put it in. connected everything back plugged it in and it started cycling through the test pattern. I thought well that's odd so I redid the step you had me do earlier minus the bridging And it still went through the test pattern. Only now I have white noise with the pattern where as I didn't before
                      Check under the control board to make sure you have no stray conductor/wire (holes on EXT AUTO GEN need be open), and make sure the cable between the main board and control board is correctly connected.

Comment

I dbl checked all that and I can't find anything that seems to be wrong....I even put the old board back in and without the jump it still does the test pattern too. only without sound.

Comment

Well, that is very unusual. Nothing under the board at all? Any scratching or contamination between the holes you bridged?

Comment

not any that i could tell. I took the board off and looked it over carefully.

Comment

It could be a bad control board, but I have never seen this symptom before...

Comment

yay for me finding a first.

Comment

One final thing to try, hold MENU on set and MENU on remote for 10 seconds do you see a menu prompting for password? If so enter 1234 or 0000 and see if you can turn off a test pattern option, if not a control board may be the only way to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                                    You can check the VS and VA high voltage to see if the power supply is working or not.
                                    A basic digital multimeter, available for less than $10 from good shops, will do well.
                                    I got a multimeter. Could you draw in the picture, where should i put the negative and positive lead to check VS and VA?
                                    Attached Files

Comment

In the upper-right hand corner, there are two jumper wires labeled "VS TP" and "VA TP". Place your positive lead on each of those, respectively, and place your negative lead on a metal part of the TV chassis.

Edit: I didn't realize that Tom was still online. Kind of late for you, Tom
                                      Last edited by capkid; 07-20-2013, 02:59 PM.
                                      LG Plasma Mal-Discharge Correction Service

Comment

I have absolutely no problem with someone else diving in to help. That IS the point of a tech support forum... . Only 10pm here.

Comment

Thanks!
                                          I got the numbers.
                                          The meter was set to DC voltage = 20V - VS was shifted from 5.4 - 6.3
                                          VA was between 5.0-7.0 with DC voltage = 200mV.
                                          So, what the numbers mean?

Comment

Working...
                                          X