DELL U2410 monitor psb capacitors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DELL U2410 monitor psb capacitors

Hi everybody. My Dell U2410 monitor won't turn on (sometimes it want) so I decided to replace caps on PSB. There are some 470uf 35v 125c caps but problem is, I have only 105c caps. is it dangerous to use these instead?

Also I can't read transistors labels. If someone knows their names please share. Thanks

Re: DELL U2410 monitor psb capacitors

Post pictures, 105c caps are fine, slightly better as far as temperature goes, also don't forget to check the small value caps, (like 1, 4.7 10 uf etc.) usually at 50 volts, they go bad and look fine. either check them with a cap/esr meter or replace them.

Comment

R_J thanks for response. Here is pic

Last edited by lestra; 09-20-2018, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Flipped image
        Attached Files

Comment

Can you tell us what brand and series is written on the original caps? It appears some of them are perhaps Su'scon (a brand with pretty mediocre reliability). The orange one doesn't inspire any confidence either (looks like an inferior brand too).

Also, looks like this PSU has two power sections: main and standby (always-on). Also, it has Active PFC. Good way to troubleshoot these is to see if you have a voltage on the always-on power supply as well as measure voltage across the big electrolytic cap. (High Voltage! Be careful with that one! Many of the components around it may have high voltage on them too, so keep your fingers away from touching anything else.)

Probably better to start by measuring voltage on all of the pins of the two low-voltage connectors (that is, the one in the upper-left and lower-right corners of the board shown in this picture: https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...6&d=1537522928 ). Then post what results you get here like this:

Connector CN___
          pin 1: yyy Volts
          pin 2: zzz Volts
          ... and so on

Connector CN__
          pin 1: iii Volts
          pin 2: jjj Volts
          ... and so on

Some underside pictures of the bottom (solder side) of the board as well as a few pics showing the connector pins (and any labels they may have) would also be very helpful to determine what is what.

Comment

Momaka thanks for response and sorry for delay. All caps are Su'scon except orange on the right side, that one is GXE.

I wanted to test monitor without plastic case and I plug power and turn it on while holding it. It start to falling on desk and I by accident touch transformer in the middle of the board. I seen strong yellow light and nothing else...then I drop monitor and start shaking, WOW? I think voltage is about 400v there.
            Last edited by lestra; 09-27-2018, 04:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X