Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP 14-DW0031NB touch inverted

Hey everyone,

I replaced the display of an HP 14-DW0031NB today, but now the touch has an inverted x-axis. When touching top left, it reacts botom left. Touch wasn't working at all so I can't really tell how it was before the repair. The connectors are seated correct, checked it 3 times by now.

It should be a good screen, it's original from an official supplier, and it's the screen that is indicated as spare part when looking on the old screen. New screen has part number L96515-001.

I'm really lost on this, what could I do or try? Biggest issue is, the screen has an 8 weeks waiting time, so I can't really order another one to test.

Thanx in advance!

Re: HP 14-DW0031NB touch inverted

Originally posted by Jenzo View Post
    Hey everyone,

I replaced the display of an HP 14-DW0031NB today, but now the touch has an inverted x-axis. When touching top left, it reacts botom left. Touch wasn't working at all so I can't really tell how it was before the repair. The connectors are seated correct, checked it 3 times by now.

It should be a good screen, it's original from an official supplier, and it's the screen that is indicated as spare part when looking on the old screen. New screen has part number L96515-001.

I'm really lost on this, what could I do or try? Biggest issue is, the screen has an 8 weeks waiting time, so I can't really order another one to test.

Thanx in advance!
    Hello, have you tried calibrating the touch from windows? or the screen you bought comes with the touch controller? the small plate where the touchscreen is connected?
    Last edited by aldopc; 03-23-2022, 01:54 PM.

Comment

I've had this happen on another model when the screen supplied didn't come with a touch controller, and I used the existing one. I had another of these screens from that supplier that did have the controller on it. So tranferred that, and worked fine.

So the screen supplied uses a different touchscreen to the original. This is why I always check with the supplier beforehand whether the screen is supplied with the controller or not.

I've also had the touch being all over the place on some models until you uninstall the I2C HID device for the touch and reboot. Clears the calibration I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by aldopc View Post
        Hello, have you tried calibrating the touch from windows? or the screen you bought comes with the touch controller? the small plate where the touchscreen is connected?
        I have tried the windows calibration, no luck. The screen comes without touch controller, this is how HP supplied it. I'm guessing the problem will be with the touch controller.. This kinda sucks because for some reason that tiny thing is costing more then I'd make on this job..

Comment

Originally posted by reformatt View Post
          I've had this happen on another model when the screen supplied didn't come with a touch controller, and I used the existing one. I had another of these screens from that supplier that did have the controller on it. So tranferred that, and worked fine.

So the screen supplied uses a different touchscreen to the original. This is why I always check with the supplier beforehand whether the screen is supplied with the controller or not.

I've also had the touch being all over the place on some models until you uninstall the I2C HID device for the touch and reboot. Clears the calibration I guess.
          Hey, the screen is always supplied without the touchcontroller it seems. It's just a shame the HP guide doesn't indicate this will need replacing in any way :').

There's no way I can mod the current touch controller I'm guessing?

Comment

All the OEM's willl use various screens from different factories, and you can't guarantee that they all fit the same digitiser. So better to insist it comes with a controller. Especially as a lot of screens out there are using aftermarket digitisers. A giveaway if that's the case is the HP logo is covered up with black tape for customs. Then you know its not really original. I doubt what you got was an original HP screen TBH. It would've come with a controller otherwise because they have to make it as brain dead as possible for their own service people to replace this stuff.

Plenty of other repairers I know don't even bother fitting anything but full assemblies for touchscreens because of this BS.
            Last edited by reformatt; 03-24-2022, 05:35 AM.

Comment

Hey, I'm really certain it's an original display, came in an original HP box with service serials and everything. It's also shown without controller in the official HP guide from their support website.
              But doesn't matter that much, I just ordered a new touch controller. I'll update this post again in 5-6 weeks when it'll arrive, in case anyone ever has the same problem they'll know for sure.

Thank you for all the help everyone!

Comment

I often put in a spare SSD and do a clean install of Windows just to verify it isn't a I2C software thing though. Something to try since you have to wait so long.

Not convinced that anything in this industry is original anymore, unless I get it directly from the manufacturer. If it truly was supplied this way, then I'd be demanding a full assembly from HP. The controller has to match the digitiser on the screen, so ordering another may give you the same result. Best of luck with it.

Comment

Originally posted by reformatt View Post
                  I often put in a spare SSD and do a clean install of Windows just to verify it isn't a I2C software thing though. Something to try since you have to wait so long.

Not convinced that anything in this industry is original anymore, unless I get it directly from the manufacturer. If it truly was supplied this way, then I'd be demanding a full assembly from HP. The controller has to match the digitiser on the screen, so ordering another may give you the same result. Best of luck with it.
                  Good tip, will try with a clean windows install this weekend just to make sure. I did remove all the drivers, but might have missed something.

Haha I understand how you feel, I have this issue mainly with the phone parts we get. They love to use words like OEM, but is it tho?

But I've done some research, I have the most recent version of the display now, and the touch controller ordered should be the most recent version as well. It's really a shame they didn't just include it.. But anyway, thank you again!

Comment

This problem is finally going to be resolved. I've had contact with HP about it, and since the laptop was still in the 2 year warranty period (I had to prove I've used original parts) they agreed to take it in under warranty. If they didn't see any errors in my work they would fix it under warranty. Great service on their part.
                    The partner they use here wasn't so great, no communication or anything, and very hard to get info from, but after nearly 2 months they seem to have fixed it. After replacing the screen, touch controller and cable again they have swapped the main motherboard.

I know this isn't very useful info, but it might help someone I'm avoiding these machines from now on tho.

Comment

Working...
                    X