Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sony KDL-48R550C, need comments is it Panel FAILURE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sony KDL-48R550C, need comments is it Panel FAILURE?

In my case, bad tcon. The SENK13 bga chip faulty. This chip is located at the tcon strip. I found out that there is those BLACK glue underneath the chip. This is a very difficult to replace. better option is to get the whole tcon strip but you will need skills to reattach those pfc ribbons back to the panel.
    Mainly repair laptops, sometimes LCD/LED monitors. Also accepts changing/reballing/reflow BGA job request.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremykum View Post
      In my case, bad tcon. The SENK13 bga chip faulty. This chip is located at the tcon strip. I found out that there is those BLACK glue underneath the chip. This is a very difficult to replace. better option is to get the whole tcon strip but you will need skills to reattach those pfc ribbons back to the panel.
      Thanks, looks like those tvs with integrated tcons are much harder to deal with if you have that type failure.

Comment

I hate those black glue. Most Lenovo laptops since Intel 4th generations, they pump this glue underneath the BGA. I received insider info from Lenovo engineering support team, with instruction to remove the BGA. Tried but end up damaging the board circuit most of the time.

Anyway, I did tried to remove the SENK13 BGA, no luck, board circuit damage. For now, case KIV until i get my self some equipment to be able to reattach the tcon strip to the panel. Need some DIY type of equipment, that machine is very costly, about USD5000+, maximum size support 100" panel including curve panels.
        Mainly repair laptops, sometimes LCD/LED monitors. Also accepts changing/reballing/reflow BGA job request.

Comment

I think it's software problem.please update the software through usb

Comment

Originally posted by shajihitech View Post
            I think it's software problem.please update the software through usb
            EXACT THIS IS THE SOLUTION
            ... I have more than a year that the image was turned off to my KDL-48R550C as published by jeremykum, I was looking for some solution for that fault and I did not find any, I took it with 2 technicians and they both said that there was no solution, because there was no way to repair it without damaging the connection with the screen so they did not do anything to him, fortunately I kept it all this time hoping to find some solution ... and here it is .. NO NEED TO DO ANY REPAIR ... you just have to UPDATE THE SOFTWARE by USB and that's it ... my TV was magically reborn at the end of the update ... the only difficult thing was to do the process without being able to see the image .. ONLY FOLLOW THESE STEPS ...
            1. Download the SOFTWARE corresponding to your REGION and LANGUAGE from the official SONY SUPPORT page
            2. Follow the instructions to save it in USB
            3. Connect and turn on the TV, wait for screen image to go
            4. Connect the USB to port number 1
            5. Press "HOME" on the REMOTE CONTROL
            6. Press UP ARROW once and then ENTER (CENTER BUTTON)
            7. Press DOWN ARROW once and then ENTER
            8. Press DOWN ARROW three times and then ENTER
            9. Press only ENTER again
            10. Press LEFT ARROW once and then ENTER
            11. Wait about 2 minutes and press LEFT ARROW again once and then ENTER
            12. The power indicator LED should start flashing amber, that indicates that the update started if it does not flash wait a few more minutes and press LEFT ARROW again once and then ENTER ...
            ... if the amber LED does not start blinking, turn off the TV, disconnect the USB and repeat the steps from point 3 ... if you are sure you followed them well and it does not work try another USB ...
            13. When finished the update will restart itself and you will see how the SONY logo goes off smoothly and you can see the image as if nothing had happened

I HOPE THIS WILL WORK AS WELL AS MY ...

Comment

Originally posted by jr.rivera.p View Post
              EXACT THIS IS THE SOLUTION
              ... I have more than a year that the image was turned off to my KDL-48R550C as published by jeremykum, I was looking for some solution for that fault and I did not find any, I took it with 2 technicians and they both said that there was no solution, because there was no way to repair it without damaging the connection with the screen so they did not do anything to him, fortunately I kept it all this time hoping to find some solution ... and here it is .. NO NEED TO DO ANY REPAIR ... you just have to UPDATE THE SOFTWARE by USB and that's it ... my TV was magically reborn at the end of the update ... the only difficult thing was to do the process without being able to see the image .. ONLY FOLLOW THESE STEPS ...
              1. Download the SOFTWARE corresponding to your REGION and LANGUAGE from the official SONY SUPPORT page
              3. Connect and turn on the TV, wait for screen image to go
              4. Connect the USB to port number 1
              5. Press "HOME" on the REMOTE CONTROL
              6. Press UP ARROW once and then ENTER (CENTER BUTTON)
              7. Press DOWN ARROW once and then ENTER
              8. Press DOWN ARROW three times and then ENTER
              9. Press only ENTER again
              10. Press LEFT ARROW once and then ENTER
              11. Wait about 2 minutes and press LEFT ARROW again once and then ENTER
              12. The power indicator LED should start flashing amber, that indicates that the update started if it does not flash wait a few more minutes and press LEFT ARROW again once and then ENTER ...
              ... if the amber LED does not start blinking, turn off the TV, disconnect the USB and repeat the steps from point 3 ... if you are sure you followed them well and it does not work try another USB ...
              13. When finished the update will restart itself and you will see how the SONY logo goes off smoothly and you can see the image as if nothing had happened

I HOPE THIS WILL WORK AS WELL AS MY ...
              I found this another way to update the software in the service manual...
              3. With the TV off in standby... Insert USB pen drive to USB port of TV
              4. Pull Out the AC plug and wait 10 second (considering the charge of AC adaptor)
              5. Press and hold the side Power Key for 5 seconds and re-insert the AC plug at the same time
              6. After 20-30 seconds, the LED is turn to Amber and blink
              LED blinking indicates “Under SW Update”
              - IMPORTANT NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT PULL OUT
              - THE AC PLUG DURING THIS STATE

7. After 1-2 minutes, LED blinking will finish... press <Power> key
              If everything went well you should see the SONY logo fade and then the restored image

Comment

Good work Rivera, thanks for the sharing..!

Comment

i had same model, no image at all even SONY logo not prompt out, got sound and backlight, anyone have solution?

Comment

remplazar diodo VOFF y listo
                    Attached Files

Comment

hello sir..any updates to this lcd panel did you fix it by replacing LTF62B0.?

Comment

hello sir, I tried changing the diode, but it didn't work

Comment

PLEASE OPEN UP YOUR ONW DISCUSSION (that has a different defect) DONT POLLUTE OTHER PEOPLE ONE.. THANKS!

Comment

its not PANEL failure, just update your firmware, problem solved for me, but the problem is how to update your firmware with display like this? (Appear 1 second and Disappear), this is my way and I hope work For You:

1. download your firmware from sony, locate it in root directory of USB and plug in to USB 1
                            1. pull out Main Fuse (12V) on Tcon board
                            2. Replace it with Push ON switch (With Cabel)
                            3. plug in AC adapter and press power ON Switch
                            4. immediately press and Hold this Push On Switch after Sony Logo Appear 1 second and Disappear
                            5. Release this Push On Switch
                            6. Just Press again if you want to see image at display (Image appear just 1 second)
                            7. use your remote control to navigate menu until your find menu update
                            8. update (while updating you can push on the switch to see progress)
                            9. when finished and restart press and hold this switch after SONY logo appear and now this logo not disappear again)
                            10. dont forget to replace Push On switch with Fuse again

Comment

Originally posted by xlabsmedan View Post
                              its not PANEL failure, just update your firmware, problem solved for me, but the problem is how to update your firmware with display like this? (Appear 1 second and Disappear), this is my way and I hope work For You:

1. download your firmware from sony, locate it in root directory of USB and plug in to USB 1
                              1. pull out Main Fuse (12V) on Tcon board
                              2. Replace it with Push ON switch (With Cabel)
                              3. plug in AC adapter and press power ON Switch
                              4. immediately press and Hold this Push On Switch after Sony Logo Appear 1 second and Disappear
                              5. Release this Push On Switch
                              6. Just Press again if you want to see image at display (Image appear just 1 second)
                              7. use your remote control to navigate menu until your find menu update
                              8. update (while updating you can push on the switch to see progress)
                              9. when finished and restart press and hold this switch after SONY logo appear and now this logo not disappear again)
                              10. dont forget to replace Push On switch with Fuse again
                              thank you, my problem is solved.Push ON switch (With Cabel)

Comment

Hello guys!
                                I have a sony kdl 48r555c with tcon board somehow the same,same ic´s rt6929 rt6930 same error as described.Starting,sony logo comes and in a few seconds fade out.All voltages ok for few seconds,3.3v,1.2v,avdd,havdd,etc. then 0v.Still backlight but no picture.After digging everywhere I cannot find a datasheet for rt6929.All components seems ok but something is causing protection to kicks in and stops all voltages.Changed rt 6929 ,nothing.I resolved the issue by cutting MON_L , after trying with MON_R and no succes.Found a refference on youtube HERE.Hope that it will help someone.I say Thanks to those guys! (Image is courtesy of their video)
                                Attached Files

Comment

Hi all!
                                  I know this is an old topic but i have exactly the same problem.
                                  Here's what i tried:
                                  USB blind upgrade. I succeeded but still no joy.
                                  I cut MON_R and MON_L as in the video. No picture....
                                  I have the following voltages:
                                  VIN_12V 12.4V
                                  VCC_3.3V 3.3V
                                  VCC_1.8V 1.8V
                                  VCC_1.2V 1.2V
                                  The secondary voltages are all missing. I can see a small spike when the backlight starts, but other than that, only a few mV stay there.
                                  On the following lines i don't have voltage:
                                  VSS_7.6V
                                  VONE
                                  VOFFE_11V
                                  AVDD_17V
                                  HAVDD_8.5V
                                  HVIN_12V
                                  V_RD
                                  I am unable to find the schematics of the TCON or even a datasheet of RT6929
                                  Please, help me if you have any ideas.

Best regards,
                                  Janos

Comment

my sony kdl was doing same thing when bios chip was bad

Comment

Hi..

I got 2 smd capacitors damaged CA7 and CA9 on Sony KDL-48R550C, what is the value of this capacitor, can someone tell me the value of capasitor.

Thanks in advance

Comment

Why people uses other people's thread for it's own facts? open your own thread...

Comment

Sorry, I'll make a new thread

Comment

Working...
                                          X