Macbook M1 Unlocked!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Macbook M1 Unlocked!

As someone who refurbishes broken and discarded macbooks I am looking forward to a unlock method for the M1 macbooks because right now they can only be broken down and sold for parts. I would rather refurbish them and give them a second life for someone who doesn't want to spend the premium bucks for a new macbook since the prices keep going up!

Comment

Any progress in unlocking M1?

Comment

Crickets. Because it's not possible without replacing CPU/NAND/WiFi with unlocked parts.

Comment

Hello. I have a MacBook Air with m1 Apple silicon chip. This device iCloud lock. I want to buy motherboard water damage and replacing m1 chip. Are these steps enough for unlock or something more?

Comment

Originally posted by tiny13 View Post
            Hello. I have a MacBook Air with m1 Apple silicon chip. This device iCloud lock. I want to buy motherboard water damage and replacing m1 chip. Are these steps enough for unlock or something more?
            replace cpu and wifi. after restore with apple configurator 2

Comment

Originally posted by AlexRaspberry View Post
              replace cpu and wifi. after restore with apple configurator 2
              Thanks a lot

Comment

Hi, is there any progress?
                Already tried to mdm lock a mac vm with same SN as my iCloud locked Mac. But the program I am using doesn't give me a mdm key to unlock.
                Not even shure if this will work

Comment

I don't know who want to do such a work, you better purchase a brand new device it would cost you less time and money from the soldering of all components

Comment

Originally posted by alassane.dontavius View Post
                    I don't know who want to do such a work, you better purchase a brand new device it would cost you less time and money from the soldering of all components
                    myself.

Comment

myself.
                      best luck to you, I hope you do not knock nearby components

Comment

best luck to you, I hope you do not knock nearby components
                        i can do more accurate things. example - replace cpu for iPhone. all ok. i'll do it

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                          EUREKA! Yours truly may have just figured out how to unlock an M1! I am doing more stress testing boys but you might just see the first M1 unlocked that is activation locked! I will give more details soon when we get a few more M1's to test this out on! It is a hardware unlock so just be mindful as I trial and error this stuff!
                          Any Luck yet?

Comment

I think that alassane is right, he is still stress testing the activate device button uuh Stephen don’t stress it too much because it is not good for heart ❤️ palpitations.
                            Seriously if y’all think that the solution will come from Marietta aka Stephen then i think that you will wait until we can go and live on Mars, if you see what i mean.
                            You want to know what my best animal is? Well the answer is rats �� because they are scavengers they will fill all the crevasses of the net to find the cheese �� and they won’t stop until they find it. This time the cheese will be really pricey, exorbitant should i say but hey good luck to y’all desoldering and soldering back, and remember knowledge is free and it should be shared. So if if you find something i want to hear it loud. Best of luck ��
                            Please modos don’t ban me i am just expressing my freedom of speech..
                            Last edited by MaxBord; 02-09-2023, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Greetings gentlemen! Can you please tell me, is it possible to visually find somewhere ("punch", calculate) the serial number of the device only on the motherboard (board model 820-02016) from M1 (without a laptop case, model A2337)?

On the board I see markings in only one place, but instead of 12 characters (as it should be), there are several rows of 9 and 4, which, as it were, does not look like a serial number.

P.S. Please forgive me for my English!

Comment

Originally posted by Azaka View Post
                                Greetings gentlemen! Can you please tell me, is it possible to visually find somewhere ("punch", calculate) the serial number of the device only on the motherboard (board model 820-02016) from M1 (without a laptop case, model A2337)?

On the board I see markings in only one place, but instead of 12 characters (as it should be), there are several rows of 9 and 4, which, as it were, does not look like a serial number.

P.S. Please forgive me for my English!
                                Unfortunately Apple they don't print the serial number on the motherboard anymore, there are different ways to extract the motherboard serial number as long as the device turns on.

Comment

Unfortunately Apple they don't print the serial number on the motherboard anymore, there are different ways to extract the motherboard serial number as long as the device turns on.
                                  Thanks for the answer! Tell me, how can I find out the serial number of the device when it is locked?

P.S. I needed to change the logic board due to the failure of my own. But the board bought on Ebay turned out to be blocked and I would like to know its serial number.

Comment

Originally posted by Azaka View Post
                                    Thanks for the answer! Tell me, how can I find out the serial number of the device when it is locked?

P.S. I needed to change the logic board due to the failure of my own. But the board bought on Ebay turned out to be blocked and I would like to know its serial number.
                                    better to return it to where you got it from. M1 unlock is pricey & most hackers charge outrages prices to unlock them "outrages"
                                    How dare they charge money for device that I legally own!
                                    Last edited by alassane.dontavius; 02-12-2023, 05:53 PM.

Comment

better to return it to where you got it from. ...
                                      This would be the best option! But it is not possible for me due to the fact that I am not from the country where the product was purchased.

Now, in order to return the goods, our postal and customs service asks you to turn on the device to check the contents on it. As you can see, this is not possible.

Therefore, I wanted to know if there is an option to find out the serial number on a locked device?

Comment

You can easily find the serial of a locked board by booting to diagnostics/AHT. It will show the serial in the bottom-left.

Comment

i'm seeing on checkm8.info that their activation bypass supports macOS ventura. does this mean that there is a bypass for ibridge 6?

Comment

Working...
                                          X