X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LCD edp predominant color

LCD Edp LP173WF4-SPD1

http://www.panelook.com/LP173WF4-SPD...iew_24463.html

On the bios the characters have a violet color instead white same thing whit the image on the OS. The screen visualize a good image no artefact no bad pixel no broken area. Whit another LCD the problem disappears so the issue not involve fat cable and motherboard. Any solution (I don't have a chip replacement for the lcd board) ? thanks

Re: LCD edp predominant color

Can you run this software and post an image of your panel info. Monitor Asset Manager 2.9 https://www.entechtaiwan.com/util/moninfo.shtm
    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

I don't have the dedicated sata cable, I had used linux on a usb stick and I was trying to install windows 10 with a hard disk in the dvd slot.
      Is very strange:
      1- I connected a 15.6 "LCD and it displayed well but did not recognize the hard disk in the DVD slot
      2- With 15.6 "lcd connected, as soon as I changed from legacy to uefi, after the acer logo, the bios is not displayed but it is possible to start linux from a usb stick.
      3- I changed the LCD and connected the original one (which always has purple as its predominant color) , now the HD on the DVD slot is recognized, the bios appears correctly.
      4- I'm installing windows 10 to try the LCD program
      29/5000
      that I downloaded from your link to post the results after all devices drivers are installed
      5 - Is it possible that a non-original LCD panel of different sizes affects the recognition of the devices?

Comment

I installed the program and I attach the results screen.I noticed that open programs remain in the background even after restarting, however both video drivers (intel and nvidia) have been successfully installed.
        in the photos (copied from the desktop) that I have attached, the wrong colors are not shown except in one that I did with the phone
        Attached Files

Comment

I find the edid info for this lcd on github, there is a possibility to reprogramm the firmware
          on windows or linux without attach a programmer on lcd board ?
          I don't see any connection on interface connection pin to reprogramm it as old monitor
          so only way is directly on lcd board. I had already done it in the past with another lcd
          Attached Files
          Last edited by jasko_jacker; 03-29-2020, 01:26 PM.

Comment

I'm really in trouble,
            1- with a lcd of another brand, it doesn't display the bios but then it works with linux but it doesn't see an hard disk connected instead of the DVD and widows 10 obviously not start, the screen is black and flashes.
            2 -With an LCD of the same brand with similar hardware, it shows color problems.
            3- With the original LCD it shows color problems, it shows windows in transparency of the previous work session.

4 - With hdmi no problems all works fine.

It is the first time that I have a problem of this type, I thought about the video card but the driver is recognized and all test are passed.
            I try to reprogram the bios
            Last edited by jasko_jacker; 03-29-2020, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Can you check the part number on the label. At post #1 you said its a LP173WF4-SPD1, Monitor Asset Manager sees the panel as a LP173WF4-SPF1 (F1 not D) . Atached are some EDID dumps from a thread on notebookreview.

"With hdmi no problems all works fine" ,it will you`re using the external monitors EDID
              Attached Files
              Last edited by SMDFlea; 03-30-2020, 08:10 AM.
              All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

It's my mistake, confirm LP173WF4-SPF1
                thanks

Comment

I think you do indeed have a corrupt EDID, i would check if the EDID dump you found on github match the one from notebookreview.

Comment

I have used an old lvds board with vertianov and after I have soldered the edp eprom chip fortunately it's readable and programmable, so I will try to put on it the correct edid file.

Comment

Partial success, this type of screen have two version with the same ID number, one works at 60Hz the second at 75Hz.
                      On github there are three files one match the 60Hz another match the 75Hz both taken from your rar, the third has the last two hex as the 75Hz file but it has some differences .
                      I read on the moninfo report that my monitor is 60Hz so I have reprogrammed the memory with 60Hz file that I taken from your rar but after the acer logo appears correctly the screen goes black and nothing change. I don't want to do to too many solders because the screen board is very delicate, do I program the file at 75Hz? I read that there is a utility to manually recreate the memory with the datasheet, do you know it?

Comment

I didn`t know there was a third version. The 75Hz ones are G-sync enabled.

"I read that there is a utility to manually recreate the memory with the datasheet, do you know it"

There is some EDID editing software but you don`t need it,usually you can just type the EDID info from the datasheet into a new hex file.The EDID info is missing in the datasheet you posted(#5) so you`ll have to use one of the dumps. You can check the dumps here: http://www.edidreader.com/ make sure the header and checksum is ok.

Comment

Solved, the edid chip it's partially defective.
                          After replace it and programmed with a correct firmware the monitor
                          works correctly (for now)

Comment

how did you fix the problem i am searching every where couldnt find please post the procedure how you did thank you

Comment

i have same issue please help me out how to fix it tell me the complete procedure my display is spd1

Comment

Working...
                              X