Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

60" LG Plasma 60PA5500 (Sound but no Image)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 60" LG Plasma 60PA5500 (Sound but no Image)

Sorry picture didn't attach for some reason
    Attached Files

Comment

Bad buffer boards, remove the upper buffer from the TV and test with bottom only and you should get a correct picture on the lower half and correct Z-BIAS, if not buffer or Z-SUS may be damaged.

Comment

Ok, removed the upper buffer and had the same fuzzy picture on the bottom. Also removed the lower buffer and put in the top buffer; also had fuzzy picture.
        ZBias was the same voltage no matter which buffer was in

Comment

remove both buffers and test vsc, -vy and zbias, if only zbias is wrong then z-sus needs repair.

Comment

Zsus, buffers and Ysus possibly shorted somewhere. All boards need testing due to chained ERC circuit.
            Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Thanks guys, I'll do some checking and will keep you all posted.

Comment

Just an update; the guy who sold me the buffers sent me another set and they are shorted also; he said he will send another set but I asked him to check them before sending. Seems like I cannot win with this.

But I have a question.... if I leave the orange ribbon where the short is on the buffer board disconnected, would I get a normal picture? Obviously I would have a black line across the screen.

I'm just curious if this tv would work so I would know if there is more wrong.

Comment

Working...
                X