Sonos Connect Power Supply

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sonos Connect Power Supply

Hi, I am trying to revive a Sonos Connect power supply (currently totally dead). No obvious damage to the eye, so I just decided to simply replaced all the Caps first. Unfortunately, that did not fix it.

Next, I'm thinking it could be one of the surface mounted chips. Particularly, one four pronged chip label says L 14 43 817 A W has no continuity (1st picture). I'm assuming this means it is bad? (But not sure.) Can anyone confirm if lack of continuity with this chip means it is bad? If so, can you suggest what this part is and what a replacement would be?? I am including pictures offending chip and the others on the board as well. Help identifying the other chips as well would be good.

All surface labels are as follows:

chip 1 four prong: L 14 43 817 A W
    chip 2 eight prong: 5M0165R VF12
    chip 3 4 prong: M685 Y504

Many thanks in advance for the help.

UL161

PS. My understanding is the Power Supply provides 2 Voltages 3.3V and 14.8V
    Attached Files

Re: Sonos Connect Power Supply

The 4-pin chip is an optoisolator and it is supposed to not have continuity as it bridges the feedback loop across from the secondary to the primary side where the control chip is, the 8-pin one. That is what you should replace.
    Originally posted by PeteS in CA
    Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
    A working TV? How boring!

Comment

Thank you very helpful information. Would you have any idea how to track down a replacement for the 8 pin chip? Not sure what I should be looking for. Also any way to confirm that 8 pin controller is the problem?

Appreciate the guidance!

UL161
      Last edited by UL161; 08-22-2021, 11:18 PM.

Comment

Google has your answer, as usual: https://datasheetspdf.com/pdf/548565...hild/5M0165R/1

In the data sheet you will find the testing procedure as well.
        Originally posted by PeteS in CA
        Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
        A working TV? How boring!

Comment

Thanks.. I ordered a replacement. I hope to attempt the repair as soon as I receive it. Will let you know the outcome,
          THanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Th3_uN1Qu3 View Post
            Google has your answer, as usual: https://datasheetspdf.com/pdf/548565...hild/5M0165R/1

In the data sheet you will find the testing procedure as well.

I replaced the controller chip that arrived yesterday. I am back up and running!!! Thank you very much for your guidance, it saved me buying a new unit or doing a more crude workaround with using 2 separate power supplies!

Comment

Working...
            X