Samsung power supply BN44-00505A fault

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung power supply BN44-00505A fault

I have a problem with my Samsung TV. I was sitting watching TV when suddenly, the TV went bang. I changed the fuse in the plug-top, and it went bang again.
    I thought I'd have a look inside at the power supply. I found a couple of diodes that looked burned, so i replaced them. It turned out they were okay anyway.
    On closer inspection, I saw a capacitor was blown out. I replaced that and although it didn't go pop again, it also didn't work either.
    The capacitor I changed was CM804.
    Any ideas why this cap should blow? would it be something to do with the device ICM801S.

Thanks.
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung power supply BN44-00505A fault

Originally posted by ftwizard View Post
    I have a problem with my Samsung TV. I was sitting watching TV when suddenly, the TV went bang. I changed the fuse in the plug-top, and it went bang again.
    I thought I'd have a look inside at the power supply. I found a couple of diodes that looked burned, so i replaced them. It turned out they were okay anyway.
    On closer inspection, I saw a capacitor was blown out. I replaced that and although it didn't go pop again, it also didn't work either.
    The capacitor I changed was CM804.
    Any ideas why this cap should blow? would it be something to do with the device ICM801S.

Thanks.
    as per my experience, in most cases its the IC. why cap blows? age factor and dying parts. in your case, its the IC and the caps

Comment

Working...
    X