Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RT809H Programmer Not Detecting Any Chip

Hi guys

My RT809H is not detecting any chip. Whenever i try to detect any chip it's keep showing me messages.

Chip pins is detected poor contact, operation has been terminated.
    chipPin: 6-30-24
    Chip ID identified error, the chip not well placed or has been damage.

No matter which chip i use or which adapter i use it's keep giving me random messages and random errors.

If you look at the picture 1 and 2 same thing happen here is well. random errors here is well.

when i bought new i used only once and even then it wasn't reading any chip.

I have tried 2017,2018,2019,2020,2021 version software ;(

it's showing 4.8v with usb cable, is it enough voltages to run this programmer or do i have to give external power is well.
    Attached Files

Re: RT809H Programmer Not Detecting Any Chip

The VUSB voltage is fine.

Do you have other USB cables you can try? Consider to use the shortest cable you can source and if possible, a branded or known good cable.

There is so much garbage in the USB cable business. A good cable will be truly USB IF certified which implies that the proper shielding, etc. are in place for the cable assembly.

Next, it is possible that your programmer is a dud. Perhaps can be fixed once you take it apart (carefully) to review the soldering onboard. Perhaps a dry solder connection or two.

Be sure that you are placing your device to be tested (read / write, etc.) properly inside the zero force socket.

Comment

Originally posted by mon2 View Post
      The VUSB voltage is fine.

Do you have other USB cables you can try? Consider to use the shortest cable you can source and if possible, a branded or known good cable.

There is so much garbage in the USB cable business. A good cable will be truly USB IF certified which implies that the proper shielding, etc. are in place for the cable assembly.

Next, it is possible that your programmer is a dud. Perhaps can be fixed once you take it apart (carefully) to review the soldering onboard. Perhaps a dry solder connection or two.

Be sure that you are placing your device to be tested (read / write, etc.) properly inside the zero force socket.

Thanks for your reply, I will try with different cable. I bought this from HKLRF.com but used only once. after two year i try to use it and it's showing these random errors. Anyway i can't really return this product so i will open it and see if any dry solder problem with this programmer as you mention. Thanks again for your help

Comment

Originally posted by shani View Post
        Hi guys

My RT809H is not detecting any chip. Whenever i try to detect any chip it's keep showing me messages.

No matter which chip i use or which adapter i use it's keep giving me random messages and random errors.

If you look at the picture 1 and 2 same thing happen here is well. random errors here is well.

it's showing 4.8v with usb cable, is it enough voltages to run this programmer or do i have to give external power is well.
        Hello there shani,

What a coincidence, I came across this problem, the same software and the same everything. I have considered this software one of the worses softwares when it comes to programmers. I have tried everything. I made it work only two times. depending of what type of board you are working on, I recommend to inject voltage to the chip.

Comment

How did you solve the problem with the rt 809 h defect

Comment

Originally posted by shani View Post
            Hi guys

try on another PC,

Comment

test it with a dip packed chip that doesnt need any adapter.

adapters are a pain in the ass with pin detect errors - the more pins the bigger pain.
              i specially hate reading 48pin Tsop chips!

Comment

Working...
              X