Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

55" TCL 55us57-wtlaa TV - No picture, backlight/sound work, T-Con board was replaced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 55" TCL TV - No picture, backlight/sound work, T-Con board was replaced

Originally posted by gavric View Post
    This is why sellers on eBay have problem with buyers buying and then blaming sellers for bad parts when seller provided great service with shipping and sent perfectly working part. Now days its always bad part and not bad repair diagnosis. You never questioned bad diagnosis here in this post, just went right after seller that sent GOOD part.
    Then maybe you should open your eyes and re-read my post....guy? RE READ IT....WHAT DOES THE VERY FIRST LINE SAY???? Since APPARENTLY YOU ARE BLIND, or ILLITERATE, or DON'T UNDERSTAND PLAIN ENGLISH LET ME HELP YOU!

Originally posted by DXseekerMO View Post
    Fleabay gives you 30 days to start a return, so if in your testing you find out it is bad
    FYI, EVERYONE IN THIS POST QUESTIONED A BAD DIAGNOSIS by instructing the OP to detach one FFC at a time and see if an image came up on the screen.

Now let me tell YOU something....Mr. Ballbuster.....I'm a EBAY TOP-RATED SELLER with 100% POSITIVE FEEDBACK who LOST OVER $7000.00 in 10 MONTHS due to FLEABAY BUYERS returning good parts. I KNOW what it's like to get good parts back because SOMEONE WAS TOO LAZY OR INEXPERIENCED to diagnose their TV properly, so much that I NO LONGER SELL ON EBAY!!!

So DON'T YOU DARE TELL ME I went after a good seller, you jerk! Maybe YOU SHOULD FIRST LEARN HOW TO READ AND TAKE COMMENTS IN THEIR PROPER CONTEXT, then TAKE YOUR COMMENT AND CRAM IT, MAMALUKE!
    Last edited by DXseekerMO; 09-16-2021, 09:16 AM.
    They call me......."threadkiller"

Comment

Re: 55" TCL 55us57-wtlaa TV - No picture, backlight/sound work, T-Con board was repla

Originally posted by shadetreetrader11 View Post
      Ok I followed your instructions and I still have the backlights only. No split screen.
      Did you try the tape cut-off method as we mentioned earlier?

Comment

Re: 55" TCL 55us57-wtlaa TV - No picture, backlight/sound work, T-Con board was repla

You can detach one FFC from the T-CON, wait 5 minutes, plug the TV back in and re-test.
        Badcaps.net Technical Forums © 1993 - 2021
        Powered by vBulletin ®
        Copyright ©1990 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Comment

I detached one ribbon cable and waited 5 minutes then powered back on and repeated the same process for other ribbon cable. Absolutely no change with the screen. I'm wondering what I should see for voltages on the little solder points on the t-con board just below the ribbon cable that comes from the mother board. I'm getting 12v on two pins but the rest are around 300 mil. I didn't have any video playing when I took the readings.

Comment

Originally posted by DXseekerMO View Post
            Then maybe you should open your eyes and re-read my post....guy? RE READ IT....WHAT DOES THE VERY FIRST LINE SAY???? Since APPARENTLY YOU ARE BLIND, or ILLITERATE, or DON'T UNDERSTAND PLAIN ENGLISH LET ME HELP YOU!

FYI, EVERYONE IN THIS POST QUESTIONED A BAD DIAGNOSIS by instructing the OP to detach one FFC at a time and see if an image came up on the screen.

Now let me tell YOU something....Mr. Ballbuster.....I'm a EBAY TOP-RATED SELLER with 100% POSITIVE FEEDBACK who LOST OVER $7000.00 in 10 MONTHS due to FLEABAY BUYERS returning good parts. I KNOW what it's like to get good parts back because SOMEONE WAS TOO LAZY OR INEXPERIENCED to diagnose their TV properly, so much that I NO LONGER SELL ON EBAY!!!

So DON'T YOU DARE TELL ME I went after a good seller, you jerk! Maybe YOU SHOULD FIRST LEARN HOW TO READ AND TAKE COMMENTS IN THEIR PROPER CONTEXT, then TAKE YOUR COMMENT AND CRAM IT, MAMALUKE!

OK now you can go back to your cage.

Comment

I detached one ribbon cable and waited 5 minutes then powered back on and repeated the same process for other ribbon cable. Absolutely no change with the screen. I'm wondering what I should see for voltages on the little solder points on the t-con board just below the ribbon cable that comes from the mother board. I'm getting 12v on two pins but the rest are around 300 mil. I didn't have any video playing when I took the readings.
              Perhaps I should have been a bit clearer....Did you detach the FFC on the side of the T CON the picture didn't appear, apply the tape as suggested, re-attach the FFC, unplug for 5 minutes and re-test? Sorry about the confusion, I got a bit sidetracked by the EBAY comment of a dick wagon.

Comment

Originally posted by gavric View Post
                OK now you can go back to your cage.

Comment

Okay I'll try the tape thing. I'm just not understanding why I am not able to get a split screen. I'm assuming that the idea here is to see if there's a shorted cap on the driver boards. I kinda thought by unhooking the ribbon cables one at a time you would be doing the same thing as the tape. I'll try it anyway

Comment

Okay I'll try the tape thing. I'm just not understanding why I am not able to get a split screen. I'm assuming that the idea here is to see if there's a shorted cap on the driver boards. I kinda thought by unhooking the ribbon cables one at a time you would be doing the same thing as the tape. I'll try it anyway
                    You already had a split screen with one of your earlier tests, so we know the short is upon the screen. By applying the tape cut-off method we're trying to see if the TV can be rescued or not.

Tuesday I diagnosed a TCL model 55S401 with the same issue, backlights with no picture. I found a burnt trace on the outer left (when facing the screen) COF tab between the source driver board and the screen, see picture below. The tape method did not work. It's now in line for scrapping. The tape method doesn't always work.
                    Attached Files

Comment

I never had a split screen, that was a different guy

Comment

I never had a split screen, that was a different guy
                        Well f@c&, sorry about that. I guess I got confused

Comment

It's OK. I'm just trying to figure if I have a t-con board issue or a main board issue. That's why I was giving you some of the voltages I was getting from the main board.

Comment

I have a different awa set with similar issues, however, I cannot any longer get it to display the split screen at all. Not after help here, just pointing out how temperamental this fault is, and obviously common to many tv's.

I wonder why they seem to make them with this weak kink.

Good luck all
                            Signature:Seemingly hopeless tv fixer

Comment

It's OK. I'm just trying to figure if I have a t-con board issue or a main board issue. That's why I was giving you some of the voltages I was getting from the main board.
                              It is not a T-CON or Main Board issue, it is a screen issue. Replacing either of those boards will not repair the TV. On a side note.....

I just got one of these TVs in today, same model number, same issue. I will be starting another thread on it.

Comment

Howdy, if you havent got this solved yet, go watch this video on the tape trick. Very straightforward and explains what has happened to your panel - this is a panel issue, not a tcon issue https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfrRhw7-ZII

Comment

Working...
                                X