Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I use different VESTEL panel on mainboard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I use different VESTEL panel on mainboard?

Is it possible to replace any part at all in a Vestel TV with a slightly different part?
    For instance a screen panel - VES650QNTB-2W-U11 <-> VES650QNTS-2D-U11
    Or a mainboard 17MB130P for any other 17MB130P as long it had the same screen size or even the same screen panel? For example I have a 65" JVC and can I replace it with a 65" Telefunken or Hitachi mainboard. Will I need the new remote aswell? And is it possible to install the JVC firmware onto the new mainboard later?

Re: Can I use different VESTEL panel on mainboard?

You can replace the screen but make sure you have matching connectors between screen and mainboard. You can install another firmware but its very tricky with 130P mainboards as you can easily brick them. As far as I know JVC, telefunken and hitachi all use different remotes on the newer vestels (130, 211 etc)

Comment

Ducky29, thank you for responding!
      So I got some photos and the ribbon cable connectors match. Both have 51pin input connectors and both have 2x68pin screen panel connectors. But that's all they have incommon.

I gathered some info on my and his TV. If anyone has any experience, please do share.
      My TV:
      JVC LT65VU83K Serial nr. 7975101 800044
      Panel: VESTEL VES650QNTS-2D-U11 Manufactured 18/04 23443739
      Power board: VESTEL 17IPS55 151216R4A
      Main board: VESTEL 17MB130P 23469084
      T-con board: 15Y_65_FU11BPCMTA3V0.4 with a Samsung chip

His TV:
      JVC LT65VU3900 Serial nr. 8344717 900011
      Panel: VESTEL VES650QNTB-2W-U11 Manufactured 19/47 23580054
      Power board: VESTEL 17IPS55 111018R4B
      Main board: VESTEL 17MB130S 23612038
      T-con board: HV650QUBN90 with a Novatek chip
      Last edited by Aivar1988; 09-15-2021, 12:40 PM.

Comment

So I decided to give it a go. New main board inside my tv. Sadly it doesn't quite cope with the t-com board. Is there any way to fix this problem? Should I try installing my original TV's software onto the new main board? Or is this somekinda 3D mode?
        Also tried with the new T-con board but no picture at all with that one.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Aivar1988; 09-16-2021, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Is a wrong panel setting
          Your panel is a Samsung core
          The new main is from a BOE core panel
          You need to change the panel profile in Service USB operation with a USB stick
          Or a USB update with a software for your panel
          Here is a USB update for your panel :
          https://we.tl/t-slf070wyTn
          Last edited by Tavitara; 09-17-2021, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Tavitara, thank you for your input! I downloaded the file, but it says FINLUX. Won't I be needing a Finlux remote after this firmware change?
            If anyone could direct me to a proper firmware update tutorial I would much appreciate it! I don't want to brick my new main board.

Comment

Is easy if you know
              If you don't is more complicated
              An universal remote control for service is enough , Vestel usual code work on Finlux
              Save your complet profile from your tv JVC in this stage with original remote
              USB update with my software Finlux
              If the image is corect now , save only profile for panel VES650QNTS-2D-U11 with universal remote
              Reload original profile JVC
              Write panel profile with the file for panel VES650QNTS-2D-U11

Or write just the profile for panel VES650QNTS-2D-U11 on your tv
              But i don't have now , maybe someone

Comment

Do I understand this correctly? My old mainboard was MB130P and the new one is MB130S. But as both are from a JVC TV and both are 65", then I only need to upload a new profile that tell the software that is has a different screen panel now? So I don't need to install the whole software from scratch?
                But if I manage to get the original software for my old mainboard, will this work on the new main board? Or different CPU chips and for instance 1 USB port versus 2 USB ports on the old MB130P will interfere? So it will be smarter to leave the oled software on the new main board but just to upload the screen profile?

Comment

It is possible to connect another motherboard as long as the cable entry points of the Vestel TV motherboards are compatible. In such a case, there are two points to consider. In such a case only the remote control of some product groups within the own brand groups such as jvc and toshiba, and sometimes the incompatibility of the newly installed mainboard with the panel. This can be remedied by installing the panel software. Although the panel software has an archive by serial number and panel size, finding software by serial number in TV export products manufactured abroad is a problem and the correct software can only be found by trial and error. . Perhaps the pictures and content I shared in the Turkish FORUM on the topic of motherboard replacement can help you have an idea.
                  It is even possible to change the brand by installing different software or profile files on the mb120 motherboard used by 3 different brands. The content link that I explained on this topic can be found below.

Mainbords
                  https://tavsiyeforumu.com/konu/anaka...yimlerim.8244/

Panel software
                  https://tavsiyeforumu.com/konu/veste...-basligi.8471/

mb120 medion jvc philips
                  https://tavsiyeforumu.com/konu/mb120...-islemi.10562/

Comment

Today's test; Install the mb170 Android motherboard instead of the mb120 motherboard. I have a mirror image and will fix the screen by installing the panel software.

Comment

hosbulduk thank you for your input! I wish that turkish forum would be in english.

Comment

If you need, I can help you with the translation. I haven't written to the Turkish forum for a long time, but I have articles about tv modifications in the forum, maybe it will be of interest to you. (Netflix ,Alexa..)
                        https://tavsiyeforumu.com/konu/17mb2...anlatimi.9962/

Comment

Working...
                        X