Lumenia street light; LED power supply driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lumenia street light; LED power supply driver

Hello, I've got driver module of a LED street light lamp that had an ant colony inside and probably due to some ant organic fluid driver module shorted.
    Fuse is blown, one of the znr varistor is shorted and there is a burnt resistor from which I cant read the value.
    Does anyone by any chance has a schematics for this driver?
    Thank you
    https://lumenia.com/products/street-...as/e-lum-.html
    Attached Files

Re: Lumenia street light; LED power supply driver

whats the gray metal with philips written on it?
    the vertical pcb is a psu, it looks like the output voltage is marked on it maybe.
    why does it have a computer and a radio??????

Comment

I think its the actual power supply for led and a pcb supplies voltage for RF controller and drives the actual power supply for led.

Comment

I'd first soak the PCB in IPA (if the relay is sealed) to clean off all the fly shit. Use a toothbrush.
        The exploded part does not look like a resistor.
        The RF controller is obviously to communicate with spy balloons and offer remote control.

Comment

seriously? i thought it was da 6G to directly beam communications to the creator in china.

you know, if it was made by pfizer they would remotely increase the led current after the warranty expires to kill the leds

Comment

It looks way overboard. A 68-pin MCU to control one string 24-LED streetlight? Plus RF transceiver and antenna.
            It must program people by blinking at the DNA frequency... the Mind Control Option now in your Lumenia street light.
            cog-rf-1x-spa1 might use STMicroelectronics SPIRIT1 RF Transceiver.

Comment

Originally posted by redwire View Post
              I'd first soak the PCB in IPA (if the relay is sealed) to clean off all the fly shit. Use a toothbrush.
              The exploded part does not look like a resistor.
              The RF controller is obviously to communicate with spy balloons and offer remote control.
              The exploded part is marked R17 on pcb. You're right I'll first give it a good cleanup.

Comment

Talking about ants, reminds me that my sister is dreading a bunch of tiny ants coming into our house!

In 2022, I already had to get rid of many ants in the other computer room, the same one where I had a motherboard failure already and it getting replaced with an X570 motherboard.
                ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Originally posted by redwire View Post
                  It looks way overboard. A 68-pin MCU to control one string 24-LED streetlight? Plus RF transceiver and antenna.
                  Have the engineers gone mad about doing this crap why do they think that they have to control everything like this

I have seen some switching power supply that have a supervisor ic chip like in some industrial machinery before really what I want to know is WHY and for WHAT reasons could they have for doing this

What is interesting about this one was if you removed the ic chip then the switching power supply came back to life but the machine would not power on really

In fact I had to replace this switching power supply twice because of different issues with the switching power supply one time it was the supervisor ic chip failure and the second time it was the switching transformer failure
                  so I just switched parts around and got it working again
                  Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 04-25-2023, 06:50 PM.
                  9 PC LCD Monitor
                  6 LCD Flat Screen TV
                  30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
                  10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
                  6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
                  1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
                  25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
                  6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
                  1 Dell Mother Board
                  15 Computer Power Supply
                  1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
                  2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
                  All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Comment

Originally posted by RJARRRPCGP View Post
                    Talking about ants, reminds me that my sister is dreading a bunch of tiny ants coming into our house!

In 2022, I already had to get rid of many ants in the other computer room, the same one where I had a motherboard failure already and it getting replaced with an X570 motherboard.
                    Back to getting ants! I'm seeing them mostly near the main bedroom doorway.
                    ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

get some powdered aspartame or neotame and throw it on the floor where they walk

Comment

Boil a bunch of water, dump muriatic acid down the ants nest followed with hot water. Kills every stubborn ants nest I came across. A mix of muriatic acid and water is a very good ant killer, but for outdoor use only. It’s got to be very well ventilated.

Comment

Working...
                        X