GP0812LD SMPS IC possible substitute?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GP0812LD SMPS IC possible substitute?

We are fixing a panel heater with a SMPS, and the switching IC appears to have failed. 8-pin DIP. Type GP0812LD with a manufacturing logo that means nothing to me.
    Can't find anything on the net about it. Does anyone here have any knowledge of it??

Re: GP0812LD SMPS IC possible substitute?

What is the output voltage of the switching power supply
    What about finding another switching power supply that has the same exact specifications as the one you have in the device now

The reason I mentioned what I said above is because I could not find any information about this particularly part number it could be that this was made for particular manufacturer or this part number is a in house number and you will not find anything with only this number
    Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 05-13-2023, 06:28 AM.
    9 PC LCD Monitor
    6 LCD Flat Screen TV
    30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
    10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
    6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
    1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
    25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
    6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
    1 Dell Mother Board
    15 Computer Power Supply
    1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
    2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
    All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Comment

Are you sure the ic is bad and not something around it, like a bad startup capacitor?
      Take clear pictures of the top and bottom of the board so we can trace out the circuit, it is likely similar to other pwm ic's
      Last edited by R_J; 05-13-2023, 12:30 PM.

Comment

I reckon you are right about it being an in-house ic number. I too could only find a Chinese site where someone was also trying to identify it.
        Can't tell output voltage as non functioning.
        Will get those images through to you,

Comment

Did you get this repaired? Do you still need the datasheet?

Comment

Hi RJ,

The SMPS is in at the Repair Cafe - a volunteer organisation that only operates on Fridays. (And actually, we are closed this coming Friday- so it will be the following Friday before we get back to it again.)

My plan was to photograph it and get those images through to you.

Obviously a datasheet would be helpful if we knew what the IC really is?

I'm also going to get my colleague who is doing the actual work to look and see if it might be a bad cap? Usually, if the controller IC has not physically destroyed itself, I find they are OK. They do seem to have a fair bit on internal protection to avoid blowing up.

Cheers, David

Comment

This should be the datasheet, many times the cap on the vcc line goes bad as in open, or the capacity is very low even though a cap checker may say it is ok. I almost always just replace it.
              I hope the Repair Cafe people know what they are doing and don't damage the power supply, not everybody knows how to repair these swps's
              Attached Files
              Last edited by R_J; 05-15-2023, 08:03 PM.

Comment

My man, Larry, ran the local electronics repair shop until it became uneconomical to do so any longer. So he recently joined our team and we are the only service available to people to get their stuff repaired.

Larry knows repairs better than me because he's had more recent practise doing so. But as you well know, when a SMPS has stopped it can be difficult to track down why because of the feedback circuit. But I'll pass all this onto Larry and let you know how we go.

Cheers, D

Comment

Working...
                X