Fix for Logitech Z906 speaker erratic function

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fix for Logitech Z906 speaker erratic function

Just passing this around if anyone has a problem with their Logitech z906 speakers--that one issue where all the lights all go haywire and resulting no sound issue. If you have access to an ESR meter, this will allow you to pinpoint which exact cap is causing the issue. But alas I didn't have one so I decided to go ham with the board and replace all of them with automotive-grade electrolytic caps.

Tried the resistor fix but still no go.

Sooo...I ended up replacing -all- the electrolytic caps on the board. Took me forever to finish due to the silicone glue they pot down the caps with (not cool, Logitech, not cool).

For me, now it works! Just remember, low-ESR and rugged, high-temperature electrolytic caps are the key to longevity to our beloved electronic devices. Have fun!
    sigpic

Re: Fix for Logitech Z906 speaker erratic function

Was there yellow glue inside which turned brown? This similar thing happened on some other computer speakers and turned out to be the culprit, not the caps. Strange that the Z906s would have bad caps already because I would've thought this model is relatively new.

Comment

Re: Fix for Logitech Z906 speaker erratic function

Yellow glue that turns brown and corrodes neighboring elements. This is not just a defect of this manufacturer, it is a common phenomenon.
      I have the impression that the newer the equipment, the shorter it will work without failure. Some manufacturers already manage to release models that do not want to work for more than 2 years.
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X