Polk Audio DSW Pro 660Wi power supply issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Polk Audio DSW Pro 660Wi power supply issue

Working on the dead power supply of my subwoofer, seems like that the resin or glue that they put on the board got conductive somehow as i could not get an accurate reading on my multimeter and esr meter to check the components. I started scraping them off and from there i was able to identify couple of bad caps and diodes and had them replaced. I now have 5V supply and 12V but could not get the V+ to output 50V i am getting really low voltage on it not even making it to 3V. Any pointers or advise will be helpful as i am kind of lost in troubleshooting this power supply. BTW i have checked the rest of the componenta and they seem fine, no shorts either. I have attached pictures of the board im working on right now. Thanks for your help in advance!
    Attached Files

Did you have any success with this? I think mine is bad as well. Haven't found any bad parts yet though.

When I turn it on, no noise, lights, except the green led on the back. When I turn it off, after about 3-4 seconds, the blue LED on the front turns on for a sec or two, then turns off. One thing I did notice, is when turned on, I get a very faint clicking sound (or arcing sound?) coming from the supply board. Doesn't happen when the smaller of the connectors is connected to the green amplifier board.

Which parts did you find were bad? Were you getting 12V on the smaller connector and/or the larger connector?

Comment

Working...
    X