KSGER T12 station shake switch hassles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KSGER T12 station shake switch hassles

Ongoing hassles with the shake switch on my KSGER T12 station. In standby, the slightest movement of the workbench would wake it up.
    Handle has the SW-200D two ball switch, I had installed it gold lead down towards tip/silver up, so it was N.C. when in the stand.
    But any tiny jiggle and the station would wake up. I think the firmware looks for a rising edge on the signal to wake up.

So I took the wand apart and flipped the switch around. Turns out soldering the plastic it melts super easy deforming the end. It totally did not work afterwards, killed the switch.

Instead I bought a glass 3mm mercury switch DQLZV Official Store, soldered that in and it works great. It is N.O. when in the stand.

Also don't forget to put Kapton tape around the soldered tabs to prevent the connector heater wiring from shorting to the metal tube and blowing your mosfet.
    Attached Files

Re: KSGER T12 station shake switch hassles

i have a bag of those,
    banned liquid metal is always superior to ball bearings
    no rattle sound either.

does anybody make mercury switches with multiple electrodes?
    it would be interesting to have one that knows the direction it's tilted in - instead of using multiple devices.

Comment

Re: KSGER T12 station shake switch hassles

SPDT mercury switches, I've only seen in old Honeywell thermostats I think. The precision of glass and metal electrodes and third wire is too much for favourite manufacturing hub.
      They have a big deadband where the blob does not move or gets sticky at the ends.

Comment

Working...
      X