Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Onkyo HT-S6100: Front right speaker not working.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Onkyo HT-S6100: Front right speaker not working.

I have verified speaker and speaker wire works on another channel. I have also verified there is no right channel sound with earphones.

Any suggestions?

Also I hope this is the right place to ask if anyone has schematics to share on this unit

Thanks in advance,

Bear518
    Last edited by bear518; 05-03-2023, 11:11 AM. Reason: Forgot to ask about schematics

Re: Onkyo HT-S6100: Front right speaker not working.

you might be in tough without a service manual. You can try and see if onkyo will sell you one (Back in the early days, before the "full internet", they use to sell hard copies).

your testing appears to indicate a problem before the amp section as usually the HP take their feed before going thru the amps. What test instruments to do you have. IF you have a scope and since you have some good channels, you can feed in a 1khz wave (from a test / setup cd / dvd or via computer file output) and find it on the good channel at "strategic points" (ie. some labelled areas maybe) and then compare to the bad channel. Look at the labelling at some of the board connectors for good areas (FL/FR, etc).

Hopefully someone will have a SM.
    Outside of that, some pictures of the guts might help to remove some of the "blindness" of testing.

Comment

for fun swap the source input cables .

Comment

Maybe elektrotanya has it?
        That receiver, most likely has a different model number without the speakers.
        Something like TX-NRxxxxx

Comment

as tibimakai suggested, this sm might give you clues.
          Attached Files

Comment

Last edited by tibimakai; 05-09-2023, 09:16 AM.

Comment

I had similar issue with my Onkyo-A807, first thing i did was checked if there is voltage on the speaker terminal, after that the output transistors and then traced it all the way to the relay. Found out that relay was the defective component so i just ordered a replacement for $4 and replaced it myself.

Comment

Working...
              X