X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: T2 Chip Programmer Tool

Originally posted by newmac View Post
    Error i get is Unexpected device state 'DFU' expected 'Recovery' [com.apple.MobileDevice.Restore - 0xFAE (4014)]

all of T2 standby power is present.

the error im getting is

The System cannot be restored on this device. Gave up waiting for device to transition from DFU state to DFU state. [com.apple.MobileDevice.MobileRestore

0xFCA (4042)]

Comment

I guess you need to reprogram your ROM chip

Comment

#newmac you need a working dump with your serial inside thats it.Give me your model and your serial number i will make it for you
        Kill the state in yourself and you will be free like a wind...

Comment

Hello, I brought a T203 programmer a little while ago, programmed the chip but did not realise at the time that the jaibreak was not compatible with Monterey.
          Does anyone know, if or when a new CheckM8/Mina Jailbreak for Monterey will be available? And if so will I have to pay for it?

Thanks in advance
          Last edited by Terry011; 06-06-2022, 11:53 AM.

Comment

i purchased a random 2018 logic board. can someone tell me if my serial # is icloud locked?

Comment

Do you have the serial number for the board?
              You will only be able to activate if it's on the correct bridgeOS version.
              Might be worth pulling the ROM off the board and reading the contents to see both answers.

Comment

Originally posted by Terry011 View Post
                Hello, I brought a T203 programmer a little while ago, programmed the chip but did not realise at the time that the jaibreak was not compatible with Monterey.
                Does anyone know, if or when a new CheckM8/Mina Jailbreak for Monterey will be available? And if so will I have to pay for it?

Thanks in advance
                Everyone's waiting for the next Checkrain update, which is indefinite at the moment.

You can use Monterey on a jailbroken Mac if it was manually installed via bootable usb drive. The iboot version is the only thing that could prevent your jailbreak from working i.e if it's been updated above version 5.5.

Comment

what information in the rom would indicate the bridgeOS version?

Comment

" a software update is required for this device" is the message that i get from configurator 2. Is that the ibridge 6 update? I've tried to use checkm8 activation service but it keeps losing connection.
                    Last edited by kjchatman; 06-07-2022, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                      Incorrect. MDM devices are the only devices you can change the serial number on T2 chips without issue. If it fails to activate on the server, the T2 chip itself was already activated and has the original iCloud and SN tied to the device.
                      Correct!! I suppose that this device was already activated. After I changed the Serial number to a compatible one as you suggested in the early posts went smooth to bypass the MDM, but can't reach the activation server of apple.. so my guess is that the link that it tries to reach is tied to the Serial number in the T2 chip and the serial number in the ROM. I suppose that I must w8 until the release of the jailbreak for Monterey.
                      Last edited by sinaps1; 06-07-2022, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kjchatman View Post
                        what information in the rom would indicate the bridgeOS version?
                        in the preview page a post from siddiq:

Comment

i have an a1990 that i purchased from a college surplus. It has activation lock but it boots to the login. Is there a way to get pass the login without knowing the password?

Comment

Reboot into recovery, go to terminal and type resetpassword

Comment

also the volume is encrypted

Comment

are there any paid services fo unlock a macbook if it has been updated to monterey?

Comment

i have an a1990 that i purchased from a college surplus. It has activation lock but it boots to the login. Is there a way to get pass the login without knowing the password?
                                  Depends if old BridgeOS or new.

Comment

how to can i tell what bridgeOS? i can remove the rom and read the contents. What would i be looking for?

Comment

Originally posted by sinaps1 View Post
                                      in the preview page a post from siddiq:
                                      Can you share file file for
                                      A2337

Comment

how to can i tell what bridgeOS? i can remove the rom and read the contents. What would i be looking for?
                                        Probably worth a good read from the first post of this thread to the last.
                                        There's a photo of a Mac booting into recovery mode which will tell you whether the Mac is on the old bridgeOS version or newer.

Comment

Does anyone get the same error? Maybe Mina has fixed the tool.
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X