acer Iconia One 10 B3-A30 tablet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

acer Iconia One 10 B3-A30 tablet

Hi guys i repairing a acer tablet its had a bad charge port so removed that and ordered one, i then checked the positive and negative pads on the pcb there was a short still so i have tracked it down too a diode, it maybe a protection diode as its on the positive pad a few mm from the charge port positive leg, (diode marking on pcb under part) the number on part H7 which i think is a sod123 fl zener diode i dont have any, but i do have a 22v through hole zener could i use that ?
    https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...1ddea2db45.pdf
    Last edited by SMDFlea; 11-07-2020, 10:54 AM. Reason: Renamed thread title

Re: acer tablet

Whats the model number ?
    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Re: acer tablet

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
      Whats the model number ?
      Acer Iconia One 10 B3-A30 thanks i have looked on all the spare tablets boards i have they use a sl marked diode in that place

Comment

Re: acer Iconia One 10 B3-A30 tablet

Ive just posted the schematic / Service manual so you should be able to find the diode part number now,find the datasheet and cross reference it with what youve got .

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?p=1000595
        All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Ive just posted the schematic / Service manual so you should be able to find the diode part number now,find the datasheet and cross reference it with what youve got .

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?p=1000595
          Thanks just looked at the pictures of the pcb the board i have is laid out different and cant find that H7 part the label on my board says A10L3 V1.2 16G

This is the exact board and page 9 shows the diode in question left of usb above the screw hole
          Attached Files
          Last edited by vinceroger69; 11-07-2020, 11:34 AM.

Comment

If you`re sure its a zenner i found this one with H7 marking code Vishay MMSZ5242-G

https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...cb6003de87.pdf

Yes i`d say you should be ok with the one youve got.

Comment

If you`re sure its a zenner i found this one with H7 marking code Vishay MMSZ5242-G

https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...cb6003de87.pdf

Yes i`d say you should be ok with the one youve got.
              Thanks, Im honestly not sure if it is a zener i googled H7 and thats the part i put the data sheet up for, in your experience in that location on the usb port area would it be a zener? not sure what caused it too blow i removed the port thinking the pins had shorted out and the pcb pads was still shorted i removed the h7 part short went part reads sc i have tested the tablet via a good battery it works fine so just need too sort the usb charging out.do this i dont usually do this type of small smd work but might as well use my scope and practice fault finding.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by vinceroger69; 11-07-2020, 12:10 PM.

Comment

I`m not sure if its a shottky,zener or TVS diode. Check resistance to ground on both pads

Comment

I`m not sure if its a shottky,zener or TVS diode. Check resistance to ground on both pads
                  On 20k setting bottom pad nearest usb open circuit other pad short circuit

Comment

Its a TVS diode.Can`t find one with that marking code.It`ll run without it but better to replace it. Can you get the full marking code from the top of it,including any dots or underlined marks, take a picture of it if you can.
                    Last edited by SMDFlea; 11-07-2020, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Its a TVS diode.Can`t find one with that marking code.It`ll run without it but better to replace it. Can you get the full marking code from the top of it,including any dots or underlined marks, take a picture of it if you can.
                      Thats the trouble i cant find one either but thanks for your help/advice its appreciated.

Comment

just looked at it under the scope with better lighting it has the line, then H7 marking, with a dot above the h and one above the 7 too dark here too get a good picture part is only about 2mm or less in size
                        Last edited by vinceroger69; 11-07-2020, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Check the parts marked SL on your spare boards,if the anode is ground then its ok to use one of those.
                          Last edited by SMDFlea; 11-07-2020, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Check the parts marked SL on your spare boards,if the anode is ground then its ok to use one of those.
                            just checked neither side connected to ground

Comment

Hi guys well i have been searching on google for a couple of hours i can not find this diode so once the charge port comes i will fit it and try it without the tvs diode in place what is the purpose of this diode anti surge? i will make sure the person charges it using the original acer charger as i think he was using a cheap pound shop usb adapter

Comment

mornings guys just measured the part with digital calipers its 0.6 by 0.8 so guess sod523 still having trouble taking a picture as very dark here today
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by vinceroger69; 11-09-2020, 06:12 AM.

Comment

Hi guys well i fitted the replacement charge port (i left the bad diode out) the tablet powers on and charges/works fine so im giving it back too my friend as is, but i will advise them i have left the protection diode out as i cant source one (this repair is a free one anyway.)

Comment

Working...
                                  X