X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello Everyone -

My name is Dale. I am from La Jolla, California where I live now.

I have done a lot of electronic assembly and some minor troubleshooting/repair. Right now I am trying to fix some old KSU phone modules that have static in one or more of the lines and I hope this forum can help me cross reference old capacitors (discontinued) over to new ones.

I've seen many caps on ebay recently that were a perfect fit - but after reading about the fake parts, I think I will pass on buying there. Funny how many different brand name items come from mystery sellers in Hong Kong or China. I'm sure a lot of fakes make it through that website without anyone ever knowing it.

I'm very interested in home automation, computers, computer networks and electronic gadgets. I like tinkering - trying to fix something instead of replacing it. Sometimes I spend more in the long run - but I always learn - and that's worth the expense (once in a while).

Regards,
    Dale

Comment

just here to chill out with a few thoughtful topics. i joined here cos it looks like a corner of the net where something ppl say makes some sense whatsoever. as you know most of the net is people off their heads on something make no sense at all. whats with people getting rich posting their wives making dinner on youtube. like i said so much makes no sense at all. i dont mind this place though.

right now im wondering how you repair the nodules on ethernet connectors. but it could be anything.

thanks for having me. i hopw my stay is a pleasant one and can bring something to the table sometime.

cheers.

Comment

Hello everyone ,
        This is Amarbir From Chandigarh " india " . I have my own business related to " Data recovery + Repairs + Trading " . I have seen Topcats message whereas he says this forum is his business and all .Full respects to that .My intention is to learn and spread my self knowledge also .i have had few old posts related to some chinese motherboards also long time back .Glad to meet many of you here .Today i am gonna post a " Goot [Japan] - Soldering Station Repair And Reverse Engineering " topic if i am permitted to post in the section i intend to post .It was a please reading many extremely informative posts on the forum today specially these -> https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...ghlight=c1701c And https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...ghlight=c1701c .

Comment

Hello everyone, Gerry from Belfast Ireland wanting to learn more about repairing PSUs
          Found this forum via Google, I'm a nube so take it easy on me Guy's.

Comment

Hello, I joined this site because I needed to know a specific component for an electronic board I had to repair, and no other site would give me the right information.

Comment

Hi Everybody Gaz from Liverpool in the UK here came across this site mooching about with a samsung tv ...

Comment

Hello from Bloomsburg, PA.
                Struggling with a 50" Panny repair and have found this site invaluable. Thanks.

Comment

Hello

Comment

My name is Frank. I am new to this board. I have some knowledge of electronics having a BS and MS in electrical engineering. These degrees specialized in Communication Theory. Glad to be a member

Comment

Greetings from Maryland. My name is Wayne and I was doing some research on my half dead Insignia NS L42Q 10A 42" TV and I came across this forum.

Comment

Hi there guys..
                        Dan here from Philippines..
                        So lucky to be a part of this community.. I finished college with the course BS Electronics Technology.. And recently, I've been repairing and assembling electronic devices.. Looking forward to be given tips and guides for repairing devices such as complicated circuits like motherboards, mainboards, etc.

Comment

Hello Im New In this Forum

Comment

My Name Is Yuri Orta I am Network Designer and Surveillance systems Installer, Home Custom Network, Audio ,

Comment

Hi everybody. I'm Stéphane from Paris/France. I'm used to fix lot of different appliances for all my neighbours, collegues and friends from TV to amps and computers. I run a blog in french about fixing here.

Comment

Hello, I am Brian, from Florida. I joined the Marines in 1984 and went to aviation electronics school. Sadly , I haven't used that training much since then. I decided to get back into it and with pointers from this forum, repaired my first television last month ( Vizio 26 inch). Now in the process of recapping my second hand Samsung 32 inch I bought in 2005 (LNS3251DX/XAA). Been doing it incrementally and it still works (yay). Thanks for an awesome resource!

Comment

Hi, Carlos from Peru... Been in IT (network/infrastructure) for around 20 years, some background in electronics. I've found this forum to be a plethora of information, now that I want to fix a TC-P50GT50.

Best regards to all.

Comment

Hello! I'm April. I really enjoy fixing things. My family and friends call me with all there problems first. I hope to be able to contribute something here.

Comment

Hi, I'm Kevin from Nashville, TN. I don't work in the tech industry. I am hoping to get some help with a Samsung Plasma power supply. Lots to learn...

Comment

Hello my name is Greg, I am new.
                                        I have been a Consumer Electronics Servicer for 40 years.
                                        Looking forward to a great exchange of information

Comment

asd

Comment

Working...
                                          X