X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello Pple.
    I'm Maquevil, Maq for some Evil for others I have background in electronics and TI. Starting to open laptops and to change dc plugs. Hope to learn lot.
    Salutations

Comment

Hey there,
      my name is Mario and i am from Austria. Actually i am here to troubleshoot a problem with my TV and hopefully find someone who could help me with that.

Greetings

Comment

hello

Comment

Hi there! I'm Mark and I'm here to troubleshoot a problem with my LG-LC372D TV.

Comment

Hi,

I'm James. I am an IT for 15 years, using computers for 32 years. my father was a tech, repairing TVs, VCRs, all he can found...
            I'm here because I have some very basic skills in Electronics but I have

Comment

Hi -
              My name is Jim.
              I live in Nevada City, CA - but still moving there after 30 years in Sunnyvale, CA (Silicon Valley).
              Background is in mechanical engineering and technical sales.

I currently have an Onkyo TX-NR161 refurb unit that
              smoked right after I turned it on the first time /session.
              Turn on, "Check SP wire", click. (notice a slight smell?) Turn on, click.
              (I think there might be something getting hot, maybe, or just warming up). Turn-on, factory reset, POP, smoke. .... unplug.

Was maybe powered for 15-30seconds in total.

(due to move it was boxed "new" for 16 months, and the 12-month
              warranty expired before it was ever powered on - $40 to $80 to ship it
              around possible long dicey repairs was missed...).

I have read this exact same problem from other people with the exact same model - but have not seen/heard what the fix was.
              I will look and read around this forum to see what I can find.
              I suspect at least problems around one channels output resister, transistors,
              and associated capacitors.

Comment

My name is Daniel, born in 87". I live in OhiO.
                I love to tinker and fix things, although I have no formal education in electronics, I learn quick and have learned a lot through this beautiful thing called the Internet. I have a knack for fixing things, electronic and mechanical.
                My day job is CAM programmer. I took machine trades in high school and went on from there land a job running mills and lathes, then CNC's, and now program them. I hope to learn lots more about electronics repair on this forum, and maybe even help somebody else, which I love to do.

Comment

hellow everyone! im a newbie here in badcaps.

Comment

Hellow
                    Im Argie Gallamos From philippines

Comment

Hi ,
                      I am an electronics enthusiast and like to repair all my electronics equipments by myself.
                      I am having trouble with my Samsung LCD Tv and searching online for solution brought me to this site and I am real glad for this as the resources on this site are tremendous.

Comment

Hi everyone,
                        I am glad that I will become a full member after the first post.

Comment

Hello,

My name is Christian, and I'm from Canada. Electronics have always been a hobby of mine, although these days my job as a computer programmer/systems administrator and real life have meant less time for that kind of thing.

I'm here because I've exhausted my own skills, as well as all the information I can find online, about the problem I'm having with my plasma TV. I'm hoping someone here will have some information I haven't already come across.

I've been a lurker here for quite some time - thanks for such a useful forum with so much information and good people.

Comment

Hi Everyone,
                            Very friendly forum, I'm interested in fixing my stuff and learning new things along the way.
                            "Nobody fixes anything anymore" it seems and I hate to see good stuff in the recycling.
                            I'm not sure I'll be much help with caps but maybe something else. I know abit about everthing and a lot about nothing ha ha....

I live in Cork, Ireland
                            I like my privacy so don't have a big online profile.

Bobr

Comment

Hello from Finland

Comment

Hi i like to do computers and put custom roms on my phone

Comment

I just ripped a capacitor off my Mobo...sigh...

Comment

My name is Duane. I'm from Alabama and do IT professionally..
                                    Haven't had a TV in 10 years and finally decided to get one.

Comment

Hello everyone :-)
                                      I have broken, tinkered with, and repaired various consumer electronics items for years ( since about 8 years old!). I am autistic, and a savant, to a minor degree. My spike in ability falls in the electronics and mechanical areas. I started by taking the sealed beam headlights out of mom's car while she had a friend over for coffee! It took less than ten minutes to have them neatly laid out on the driveway when she came to check on me! Lol...anyway I took other things apart until I learned how to reassemble them. I eventually learned how to fix things....I about drove my parents crazy before I started to become useful! I repaired a lot of car audio in my younger days, then became interested in home audio and TV's. I got into high end equipment after that. I had one of the first CD players (Hitachi's DA 1000) First Laserdisc Pioneer (I can't remember that model, but it was a huge top load with a HeNe laser tube in it!) A RCA VHS hifi, 27" Sony trinitron tube tv, Ferrograph integraded amp, and JBL Le 100 speakers. That was my first "home theater" setup. All these items were people's trash that I repaired. I have repaired a lot of equipment since then, when I was about 13 years old. I have had a large home theater since then with a Barcographics projector, Faroudja vp-400, lexicon dc-10 pre/pro,all Adcom GFA-555 amps,and a lot of other stuff...I am currently just working on flat panel HDTV's and reselling them to make some coin ;-) I have always enjoyed the perks of being able to fix things...

Comment

Hi there, I'm Luke.

I've no electronic studies, and my experiance i rather home one. I like to lern and I enjoy electronics.
                                        I bump into this forum, looking how to repair Badcaps
                                        I'm over 30 and have no kids, and I hope this comunity will help me to solve few problems..
                                        So excited..

Comment

hi hello everyone,.. im an electronic technician basing in philippines... i am so glad to find this site very usefull espicially in the field of repairing,...

very glad to found and become a new member here... want to explore things and to learn each and everyday... thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                          X