Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro - cannot turn on, keyboard blinking every 5 sec

Hi

My Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro cannot turn ON. The power Led light and keyboard flashes every 5 secs.
    I search the website, found that its a common problem with this laptop.
    Tried all the fixes but still it doesn't help. I removed the battery, cmos battery and hdd, power it on, still the same.
    could be a mainboard issue??

Anyone can help ??

Re: Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro - cannot turn on, keyboard blinking every 5 sec

Anyone can help ??

Comment

Have few of them same issue ,replaced battery charging chip BQ735 i think ,but firs check bios if u can reprogram

Comment

Laptop can't boot at all so cannot reprogram.
        Do I have to remove the bios chip and reprogram it outside ?
        Thanks !

Comment

hi ciki

i managed to reprogram the winbond eprom with 8Mbytes bin file, by wiring the contacts out.
          but the result is still the same, blinking keyboard backlight.

I also found an EC file, which chip do i need to program this to?

Thanks
          Last edited by spintop; 02-07-2017, 07:26 AM.

Comment

does anyone has the dump file ?
            thks

Comment

You said "cannot turn on", but I had an HP CQ 61 that had a keyboard light blink much like that.
              I would get fan and drive power. Seemed it was reporting a CPU failure...
              Same board manufacturer???
              Last edited by RJARRRPCGP; 02-08-2017, 08:35 PM.
              ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Originally posted by RJARRRPCGP View Post
                You said "cannot turn on", but I had an HP CQ 61 that had a keyboard light blink much like that.
                I would get fan and drive power. Seemed it was reporting a CPU failure...
                Same board manufacturer???

yes when plug in ac adapter, the keyboard backlight flashes every few secs, blank screen. i can feel the fan is also turning on and off.

maybe u are right it could be a cpu failure, i also cannot be sure.
                i also cannot find the schematic, to measure the voltage rail

Comment

Originally posted by spintop View Post
                  i can feel the fan is also turning on and off.
                  In my case, it would turn on and stay on, including the fan... Just nothing else would happen...
                  ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

i noticed that when i just plugged in the ac adaptor (with battery removed), without doing anything on the on/off button, the keyboard backlight flashes on and off immediately.

maybe this is not normal, something is resetting itself.

Comment

Originally posted by spintop View Post
                      i noticed that when i just plugged in the ac adaptor (with battery removed), without doing anything on the on/off button, the keyboard backlight flashes on and off immediately.

maybe this is not normal, something is resetting itself.
                      Try replace battery charging chip ,had 2 off them same symptoms

Comment

Originally posted by ciki View Post
                        Try replace battery charging chip ,had 2 off them same symptoms
                        i cannot find the chip u mentioned on the board. can u point to me location of this charging chip in image.
                        thanks
                        Attached Files

Comment

bios i have the same problem.
                          Is there a bios to send

Comment

mine laptop is still not possible to fix yet.

Comment

Working...
                            X