Z97X-UD3H Power Cycling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z97X-UD3H Power Cycling

Trying to repair a Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H. System not post. Upon shorting power pin CPU fan will spin for a few seconds, spin down, then back up, back down, etc, in a continuous loop. CPU and RAM have been verified good in another board. Also tried removing main bios chip and reprogramming with eeprom programmer, no change. Maybe bad mosfet? Any suggestions, troubleshooting tips?

Re: Z97X-UD3H Power Cycling

check the bios signals, it may be a bad resistor or capacitor between the bios and kbc/bridge i.c.

the pulsing usually means no or bad bios.

i see 2, how do you select the one to use??

Comment

I flashed the M_BIOS which should be the first to initialize, B_BIOS is the backup. No switch on this board to jump between the two, it apparently automatically switches over. I guess I could also flash the B_BIOS and see if it makes a difference.

Comment

what are you flashing it with, a full backup made by removing the chip??
        because in my unfortunate experience there are a lot of "backups" online that dont work because they either got dumped from dos/windows, or they are factory masters or decompressed upgrades.

Comment

Flashed it with ROM extracted from BIOS update downloaded from MSI.

Comment

Working...
          X