Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MSI KT4V MS-6712 V1.1 Caps?

Hello to everyone,
    I just joined up and have a few questions.
    First let me tell you whats been going on with my board. O.k. I bought this board about a year ago off from Ebay. I got it for an awesome price. Just before that my cousin let me build a new system for him. I have been running this board for about the whole year till amonth ago.

It started turning itself on and off. So i had figured it was the power supply. Bought a new one and same issue. So i had the money and decided to build myself a new Athlon 64 system. But the other board was still working at the time and booting me to BIOS. Well now it wont even do that. It powers on but now wont even turn the monitor on. The fans spin. But to power off you have to do it from the power supply.

So ive ordered new Panasonic FC series caps for all the large ones. Does this sound like the Capacitors or CPU? What ive read i believe its the caps. None are broken or leaking. But all the7 G-Luxon 6.3v 1000uf's are bulged.
    Hope this helps..
    Shawn

First off, welcome to the forums!

To answer your questions, I have seen bad caps cause CPU's to die. Strangely, only AMD's. I have several dead AMD processors that have been sent to me in boards with bad caps, and the CPU's were dead. The boards all survived, but obviously needed new processors. This scenario is not likely though, it's only been a few out of many dozens of boards. I've recapped MANY AMD boards that didn't have CPU damage. The only bad Intel CPU's I've ever seen were from failed overclocking experiments. I can say that I've put a few P2 and P3 CPU's into an early grave from overclocking...

If the caps are bloated and vented, there's no doubt as to the problem and why the board will not POST. Recapping should cure it.
    <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
    Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
    http://folding.stanford.edu/
    Team : 49813
    Join in!!
    Team Stats

Comment

Cheers mate....
      I was so afraid it was completly dead. You have helped me see that it was cool!!
      So you think my chip is ok? I think so to. I think the capacitors just got a bad load of power. But it would explain the sudden reboots it did...Every 5 minutes it did it. For 2 days straight it did. It's the absolute truth. I thought the devil was coming from my computer....LOL
      Thank God for Tennessee...

Comment

[quote="ShawninTennessee"]Cheers mate....
        I was so afraid it was completly dead. You have helped me see that it was cool!!
        So you think my chip is ok? I think so to. I think the capacitors just got a bad load of power. But it would explain the sudden reboots it did...Every 5 minutes it did it. For 2 days straight it did. It's the absolute truth. I thought the devil was coming from my computer....LOL
        Thank God for Tennessee...[/quote/]

It's good to know theres still of us country boys around?...lol
        So i am right i believe? If it dosent boot you think its a VRM? Or completly dead? I am praying that it wont be that bad... Never had one go out like this....

Comment

More than likely your CPU is fine. Give it some new caps, and I bet it's back to tip-top shape...
          <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
          Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
          http://folding.stanford.edu/
          Team : 49813
          Join in!!
          Team Stats

Comment

Awesome...I order some new ones and am waiting on them...Hopefully they come in the mail today...
            I'll keep ya up to date...

Comment

Well i changed the Caps. No diffrence. So i dont know what to think now?
              Have any ideas? It still fires up. Just wont boot.... I have no clue whats up with it....

Comment

Working...
              X