Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dell 2007WFP Constant On/Off

Originally posted by Dumah Brazorf View Post
    Make a blob of solder over all the resistor.
    If you don't have flux it's time to have some. It will last for lifetime.

Over the ofending 272 resistor only? Or over the whole set of resistors in thar area covered by that white glue?
    Marcelo J

Comment

Thanks.

It worked for me as well it seems.

I didn't have an SMD resistor so i kludged a normal 1/4 watt trough hole instead then fixed it with hot snort.

Comment

Originally posted by POM_MJ View Post
        I've the same issue one, and fixed by myself.

1. I've remove all glue circled in the picture.
        2. replace the chip resister code 272 (2.7K, 0603, arrow pointed).

hope this reply could help.

ps. original pictures are from this thread => https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10658
        I had the same issue as others in the thread, monitor would turn off and on randomly. I assumed it was a capacitor. I replaced the resistor as suggested in this thread, and it has been working like a champ since!
        So, thanks guys!

Pics attached.
        Attached Files

Comment

My monitor is having the same issue. while trying to replace chip resistor I messed up the board. Can I just remove the board all together from monitor as I dont use USB port anyways?.

Comment

My dell works again!! Removed that broken smd resistor. Didn’t have 2,7k resistor so now there is 1.2k and 1.5k trough hole resistors in series.

Used some hot glue to secure those resistors in place.

Comment

Originally posted by atewari5 View Post
              My monitor is having the same issue. while trying to replace chip resistor I messed up the board. Can I just remove the board all together from monitor as I dont use USB port anyways?.
              I did it exactly!

Comment

I fixed my 2007 WFP monitor by replacing the 2nd from the top resistor under the white silicon. It was a 10K resistor (01C) that was blown. Anyone having problems with this monitor should check all resistors and caps under the white silicon. Any one of them could be bad.

Comment

This was EXACTLY my problem. My 2.7k resistor was actually showing wandering resistance when measured - it kept changing!

I unsoldered it and tore the pad. I then traced the pcb traces and connected the resistor (only 2.2k) to the transistor and IC directly for better mechanical strength.

I tore off some of the excess heat sink tape between the power supply and chassis to add back in some thermal mass for those resistors to replace the removed glue.

So far, so good. I would have NEVER found that failed resistor. Thank you, everyone!

Comment

Working...
                  X