Samsung UE55ES6560 image becomes white issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung UE55ES6560 image becomes white issue

You have a short on the cof board smd caps or t con problem but i wont think of that. For sure cof board problem need to check shorts on board

Comment

I guess the gate drivers are shorted on both sides, then no exits.. but just to be sure rip off that broken tab.and try..
      Last edited by Davi.p; 09-13-2019, 04:57 PM.

Comment

hi
        can i remove the tab without any other damage ?
        in fact the panel is already dead, and more dead than dead is dead too so...
        but i try to understand things , so if i remove this tab what happen for the tv ?
        thank you

Comment

Re
          Ok i have removed left drivers tab
          Si image Comes but there is another problem : each image persist when the other Comes
          Some pictures to explain
          Thanks again

edit : when i unplugged the right flex of tcon i have no image just vertical lines again (at left side of the panel), but when i unplug left flex of tcon i have a good image with this remanent thing (ghosting ?)
          Attached Files
          Last edited by disorder; 09-13-2019, 06:06 PM.

Comment

That's exactly what you get with a ripped off tab, did you try the "cut off tape" method first? doesn't look like it, got to be careful whose advice you take.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
              That's exactly what you get with a ripped off tab, did you try the "cut off tape" method first? doesn't look like it, got to be careful whose advice you take.
              i have to agree...

Comment

Hi
                Mmmmh i have read that ripped off is more effective... And cut off more dangerous.
                Can i try to cut the coper lines that rest where the drivers were ?

Édit : but i can't understand why if i deconnect the left side of thé panel from tcon i have this issue to. If this is due to left damage by ripping , don't have i a good image on right side ?
                Thx
                Last edited by disorder; 09-14-2019, 01:53 AM.

Comment

The bad driver was probably loading down the one on the opposite side 'cause them works in parallel. Have you tryied to clean the ripped side with alcool? Some deposit could make some resistance, but i don't think..
                  The defect of now is not so clear to me, if you have a text on screen at moment 1, at moment 2 you have 2 texts in different positon, at moment 3 you have 2 or 3 texts?
                  Consider that much probably it can be broken also the remaining side.
                  I suggest you for the future to get a complex surge discharger to place at mountain of the TV/game console/hifi/other..
                  If your balls are not broken you can check VGL,VGH on tcon..
                  Last edited by Davi.p; 09-14-2019, 03:44 AM.

Comment

in fact each image rest on screen for 2 seconds and then disapear. example :
                    at time 0 : only one good image
                    at time 1 : first image remain and appear second image
                    at time 2 : first image start disappear, image 2 remain and image 3 appear
                    at time 4 : first image disapear , 2nd start disapear, 3rd remain and 4th appear
                    etc....

as if the panel was not reinitialised between each image (don't know if this the principle but don't know how explain better)

and only at the power on of the tv when smart tv appear i have a white cloud center at the middle up that becomes black after 1 second. i will do some more pictures.

Comment

Ok it's clear..

Comment

Gate tab bond failure.
                        https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...3&d=1568419012
                        Attached Files
                        Never stop learning
                        Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                        http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Just to clarify, where was the tab you pulled off, top bottom or side of tv as you look straight at it like you would if you were watching a program on it.

Comment

hello

i have only remove the side ones, only one side of course
                            but i think this tv had two issues :
                            suddenly during testing, the image disappear totaly and now i have a black screen : remember i said that i have a C01 on the right tcon panel shorted. now, when i plug the right tcon panel, the tcon board goes security and no voltages are on it. when i unplug it, all voltages are good on tcon board.

so i had a burn side driver tab at left, and faulty tcon panel board at right. maybe due to a tab bond issue effectively.

this one is dead. RIP

thanks help me to learn something more !

Comment

I don't know what's a "tcon panel board", do you mean "panel board"? Then the large board glued onto flats that are themselves glued to panel? Have you tried to change that small cap.? Maybe it was the reason for the ghosting!

Comment

hi
                                yes that is : panel board.
                                i remove the cap of course and short still here, try to locate another component that could creat that short but none find
                                i have searched the short with the panel disconnected of tcon of course.
                                thx

Comment

one method: connect to tcon only left part, the panel board has some different tensions on the various caps, since left and right board are almost equal find the tension on the corresponding cap as the one that results shorted on right part, then apply that tension with esternal current regulated PSU to that cap. The item that starts to get hot is the one shorted.. this is probably a time waste, i guess the shorted part is a gate tab..

Comment

Originally posted by disorder View Post
                                    hello

i have only remove the side ones, only one side of course
                                    but i think this tv had two issues :
                                    suddenly during testing, the image disappear totaly and now i have a black screen : remember i said that i have a C01 on the right tcon panel shorted. now, when i plug the right tcon panel, the tcon board goes security and no voltages are on it. when i unplug it, all voltages are good on tcon board.

so i had a burn side driver tab at left, and faulty tcon panel board at right. maybe due to a tab bond issue effectively.

this one is dead. RIP

thanks help me to learn something more !
                                    We are here to try to save stuff from the landfill, next time you have a tv with the classic double image..JUST put a little piece of tape over the ribbon connector per the video, it might not always work but it's cheap effective and it won't fook nothing up.
                                    Last edited by nomoresonys; 09-15-2019, 06:58 AM.

Comment

disorder check your personal mail please..

Comment

Working...
                                      X