Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung NP350E update BIOS with dead battery

Hello
    Samsung NP350E I need to update the BIOS to the latest version, but I have a dead battery and the application does not release me due to low battery level. Is there any way around it?
    Regards!

Re: Samsung NP350E update BIOS with dead battery

Originally posted by outsider View Post
    Hello
    Samsung NP350E I need to update the BIOS to the latest version, but I have a dead battery and the application does not release me due to low battery level. Is there any way around it?
    Regards!
    Is your motherboard part number lA-8861p ,if it is you can short pin 5 (+3VL) to pin 6 (gnd) or 7 (gnd) with tweezers on the battery connector during the update.Keep the pins shorted until the bios/micom is updated and the laptop shuts down,then release the tweezers .Go into the bios at startup and check if its been updated,and reset to bios defaults.

EDIT: Remove the battery first !

Last edited by SMDFlea; 01-23-2021, 09:27 AM.
    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

SMDFlea

Thanks for Your replay. Before you wrote back to the post I reprograming BIOS with the programmer.
      For the future, to simulate a connected battery (also in other laptops) I have to short the + 3VL pin with GND on the battery connector?

Comment

Originally posted by outsider View Post
        SMDFlea

Thanks for Your replay. Before you wrote back to the post I reprograming BIOS with the programmer.
        For the future, to simulate a connected battery (also in other laptops) I have to short the + 3VL pin with GND on the battery connector?
        No not all models. Some bios updates include an *.ini file that can be modified to disable the battery check, or can be forced to update using command line switches /nodate /force ,it all depends on the type of bios.You have to do a little research for each one .
        All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

I discovered the /SKIP_CHECK_POWER command-line switch by running strings (linux) on the manufacturer bios update .exe file and looking for any useful switches. Using this switch successfully bypassed the check (passed through an admin cmd terminal) on an old NP600B5B laptop which otherwise complained instantly at the >30% requirement message. May work on other older Samsung models too... I also found older Samsung models will only play nice for bios updates in a Windows 7 environment. No luck with 10 or later... These bios updates can be critical - in the case above, "SATA Gen 3 Mode Enable" appeared in the updated bios - massive speed difference afterwards...
          Last edited by pingaroon; 11-25-2023, 08:47 AM.

Comment

Cheers Pingaroon - that option just helped me bypass a battery check!

Comment

Working...
            X