Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPi Zero W using regular RPi1/2/3/4 hats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RPi Zero W using regular RPi1/2/3/4 hats?

It's a computer. Or is it?

Anyway, I got an AudioInjector "sound card" for the regular RPi at a fire sale, and I think I got burned. I tried it on my RPi Zero W and it wouldn't boot with it installed. Seems to bootloop and my serial adapter goes nuts with the hat as the pins are way too thin to be standard IDC connector pins.

Should these hats work on a Zero W? Would there need to be any mods to get it to work? Too bad it's not the version specifically for the Zero but wondering what the differences could be...

Re: RPi Zero W using regular RPi1/2/3/4 hats?

All I know about the single bord computers is from the YouTube videos on them . Any way I thought audio and everything else was on the board.

Comment

https://www.raspberrypi.com/products/

Comment

RPi Zero's do not have audio on board
        Regular RPis have awful audio on board.
        People made good audio boards for the regular RPi and plugs onto the GPIO pins.
        Now I wonder if those boards should work on the Zero?

Comment

It would be my guess that if the audio signal was assigned by the software to the right gpio pins it would work. But it's not my area of expertise. I am sure there are forums that have a Ardino/sbc sec. Sbcs don't seem to be of a major interest to the members hear.

PS , this guy , along with others have videos devoted to the pi ,and other sbc s .
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qxcyb5z2HDM
          Last edited by desert-rat; 11-08-2021, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X