Samsung UN50TU8000F - 1 horizontal line, 1 vertical

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung UN50TU8000F - 1 horizontal line, 1 vertical

I have a 50" panel that is SO close to being saved. I checked Youtube and Reddit and found this panel has a few faults as well as power-on issues but can be resolved with the "tape fix". Since I found no matches on the forum for this model yet I thought I'd get a thread started. All the videos on youtube appear to be Brazilian, but no Americans have uploaded. Is this model only available in Canada or Mexico or Brasil for some reason? Is Samsung ditching this model on markets other than American because they know it is faulty? It's only 2 years old with 141 hours. Just looking for the correct placement of tape as I have been at this almost all day now with the same result or no picture.
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung UN50TU8000F - 1 horizontal line, 1 vertical

Cof problem !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFrC...annel=NOELTECH

Comment

I'm going to take a look at the left side first. I wonder if chopping off the bad one would work, but I hate damaging things.

Comment

There don't appear to be any side COFs on this set... looks like the pane goes right to the side with only drivers on the bottom of the screen.

Comment

I find it very strange that the only helpful videos happen to all be from Brazil and in Spanish. My paranoid theory on this is as follows: Samsung knowingly discontinues a faulty model with a much higher than average fault rate, but then has to sell its remaining stock. They choose Canada and Brazil because the market is different and they don't want to upset American buyers or lose their confidence. So they pick on other countries by dumping this inferior faulted model and give the owners the runaround telling them "we can fix that for you, but the part is backordered"

Customer loses patience, discards TV.

Does anyone who works for Samsung browse these forums? Hopefully I can get the inside dirt.
          Last edited by Noobwithamultimeter; 04-26-2022, 07:04 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Vertical lines can't be fixed with tape method. Google Sony tcon training manual.

Comment

Working...
            X