Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2DIN Android Radio YD7388 amp short in one output

HI!
    This 4 channel 2din radio has one of the outputs driving a cc voltage of 12v into the speaker coil burning it.
    Replaced the Y7388 AMP IC and the same is happening.
    I noted the 47k resistor when onboard has only 42k and a voltage appears higher than in the other channels.
    My doubt is about the IC(U7) ZL3560 that looks it's driving the inputs of the amp, am i correct?
    It's my first time with a problem like this and hope someone can give some help.
    Regards
    Attached Files

Re: 2DIN Android Radio YD7388 amp short in one output

My guess would have been the Y7388 AMP IC also. If you find something else that is damaging the Y7388 and you need to replace it again, there is a better chip that is pin compatible that you might want to use instead. I don't recall the part number, but if you do some searching, it's out there on xda IIRC.

Comment

Originally posted by clearchris View Post
      My guess would have been the Y7388 AMP IC also. If you find something else that is damaging the Y7388 and you need to replace it again, there is a better chip that is pin compatible that you might want to use instead. I don't recall the part number, but if you do some searching, it's out there on xda IIRC.
      HI!
      Thanks for your reply. i also tried a compatible TDA but that one didnt worked at all.
      In this case i dont think the AMP IC is damaged, It looks that something before the AMP IC is giving the order to that DC voltage. It's because of that, i asked for IC(U7) ZL3560. Can it gives that simptom? Thanks!

Comment

There are also caps on the input of the amp to block DC, so maybe the cap on the affected channel failed. A lot of audio ICs normally have DC on their signal pins due to their circuit design.

Comment

Yes i tested that caps in the inputs but none seems to be faulty but i also didnt tried to replace them. Because i cant expend more time on this one for now, i did a shunt between the rear input that has the same info for stereo output and pulled out the capacitor of the faulty input. Now the Front Left outputs the same as front right and i put the fader in the center. For the purpose this serves as solution.

Thanks for your help!

Comment

Working...
          X