Dell 2408WFP no picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell 2408WFP no picture

Hey, everyone, I got this monitor for free and It was working fine and then I had to unplug it from the power and when I plugged it back in I was greeted with a messy white screen and not able to switch inputs or see the OSD menu,

now I dont get a picture at all and if I hit the side of the monitor the picture would blink like it is trying to correct itself but it does not do anything

I took it apart and checked all of the caps and none looked bulged or anything but now when I turn it on I get the green led on the power button and a black screen but I can tell the backlights are working

so it still does kinda work but I cannot get a picture of any kind, does anyone have any ideas what the issue might be?

Re: Dell 2408WFP no picture

Check all caps for both capacity and ESR. Even though they look OK, they might not work properly. At least because of high ESR which you cannot identify without testing devices. If your display is 10+ years old I would begin with them. Also, if there is a bad cap it might cause something else to die, so diodes or whatever goes next also should be checked.

Comment

any solutions?

Comment

For what it is worth in case this thread is still live.
        The problem described by the poster is identical to what is covered by this thread:
        https://www.badcaps.net/forum/printt...?t=18189&pp=40
        A work-around is provided here.

Comment

Working...
        X