LG 70UH6350 static and beep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 70UH6350 static and beep

So this TV starts up fine, will play a video signal and looks good, sounds good.

But a few minutes into it, the screen will go to pixelated static random pattern and a loud continous loud beep will play through the speakers. It will stay in this state for a few minutes and then turn itself off.

I can then turn it back on and repeat the cycle. Has anyone seen something like this before? I finally replaced my multimeter (long story) so will be taking this apart to troubleshoot further, gotta be the main board though, right? At any rate any tips on specifically what to test would be great.
    thx

Re: LG 70UH6350 static and beep

so a bit of an update.

Instead of playing video through the hdmi port I went and setup the netflix app built into the TV and played some there. It played flawlessly for a couple of hours before I turned it off. I'll try the hdmi ports again and see if I can get a video of it doing the static and then the beep. But the beep is loud and continuous like the emergency broadcast sorta beep at the same time the video changes to an odd pixelated sorta static.

just never saw or heard anything like this.

stay tuned...

Comment

Working...
    X