Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need to train my tech before he becomes a train wreck!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need to train my tech before he becomes a train wreck!

I have been trying to find a TV repair school for my techs for some time now..... We are a new repair shop specializing in phone repair and don't get that much opportunity to repair TVs. We are loosing money on most of our TV repairs because we do not have good diagnostic skills. We try to post as much as we can here on this forum and on the FB groups we are apart of but getting help from "the masters" is hit or miss and the diagnostic steps that we are given yield success only a fraction of the time. I'm tired of buying expensive boards that don't resolve the problem. Believe me, we are researching the hell out of each TV problem that comes in so we can be confident enough to justify buying these replacement boards but we have been failing time and time again. You guys know how razor thin the margins are on these TV repairs because of how cheap customers can buy a replacement for at walmart.

We need to get better so we can continue offering this service. If we continue to loose money, I'm going to have to stop accepting tv repairs.

Please only respond if you know of specific tv repair training.

Re: Need to train my tech before he becomes a train wreck!

Replace the faulty component(s) rather than board swap to greatly increase your margins.

Comment

Re: Need to train my tech before he becomes a train wreck!

Hello,

Look into nesda national electronics dealers association. If you are a member with them they have various training certifications. They used to have one for multimedia( which Included TVs) but the most valuable if I as a member was the access to manufactures dealer websites and you can find service bulletins and tech publications on various issues. They also had a tv tech forum that tv repair shops across the country participated in. I was a member of nesda for along time but have not for the last few years so it’s possible things have changed, but it’s worth looking into. Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
      X