Couldnt Boot Laptop HP 14-bw087tu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Couldnt Boot Laptop HP 14-bw087tu

I would flash the original dump from the kbc and focus on the main bios if all the secondaire power supply present are . What is the story of the board what happens. Is there liquid spill. Modtly caps lock not light up and all the second psu are present. It is mostly bios what the problem is . I woult start over with the original dumps and see what the board does. Hp is very picky with other bios. It is best you extract them from original hp website with serienr.

Comment

actually, i lost the original dump of the kbc. so i use ec from the internet which i dont know good or not, but the outcome is same, so i think the ec bin not problem anymore. can it be problem if i use old type bios chip? cause the original bios chip has been faulty.
      the story of this laptop is simple, i change the keyboard, but the plastic locking for the keyboard is lost so the keyboard sink and be flat with the touchpad after reassembly. then i disassemble the laptop, give a thick paper between the keyboard hope the keyboard looks good, but the laptop became bulked, then i disassemble again and remove the paper and give a adhesive glue so the keyboard looks good then i reassembly again, and then laptop not turn on.

Comment

there no liquid spill when i work with this laptop. after changing the keyboard, there a short in the bios chip. i think that happen when laptop is bulked. i also lost the original dump of the bios so i get from the internet. i will download from the official website for the bios and try again.

Comment

i will resolder the chip tomorrow, but what should i do if have reflash the main with official bin but the problem is same, it is safe to short the S5_ON, MAINON, SUSON, and SPI_1.8V_ON? when i get corrupted bios in other laptop, the power, fan, led will turn on, but the display just blank. is true that the secondary power rail just 5volt and 3.3volt? the other not include the secondary power rail(ie 1.2 , 0,95 etc)?

Comment

Hi here you have tutorial how to extract bios file from hp site. I hope this will help.
            https://youtu.be/j1wN_rs3W7A

Regards Steve

Comment

thanks steve, i have extract the bios

Comment

You are right steve, the susb and susc should be 3.3 volt. That two signal will trigger suson and mainon which will turn on the lower power rail. Susb and susc come from pch which communicate with bios chip after dnbswon and rsmrst high.

Comment

Does the laptop work now?

Comment

still not work, i have flash the main. but still same, i will check for connection the bios chip to mainboard

Comment

i have make sure the connection of the bios chip is good,but there are no sign of live in lower power rail. i think that i should use the right bios chip

Comment

i have check the voltage of bios chip, 3.3v in pin 1, 7 and 8. the other is low, in milivolt.

Comment

hi, i wanna ask, is this bios binary quad enable or not? if yes, then can i use W25Q64FVSSIG which is not quad enable from the factory? cause the schematic say it W25Q64FVSSIQ , and the original bios ic is MX25L6473F M21 08G. and it says that the macronix ic is QE enabled
                          Last edited by SMDFlea; 01-27-2022, 04:19 AM. Reason: not the bios requests section

Comment

In the SPI flash memory world, the contents of the binary dump will not vary from normal SPI to QSPI modes.

However, the QE bit setting will change the way the flash memory device can respond to the SPI bus master.

There are normal SPI bus commands and specific QSPI commands. Without the QSPI QE bit enabled, the QSPi mode will remain disabled.

For this reason,

1) try to source the original flash with the QE bit pre-set.

2) if unavailable, then use alternative part but then you must enable the QE bit manually using a low cost programmer and apply the same bios binary, then solder it onto the logic board to use. Provided the host does not ping the flash for the chip ID, any replacement will work.

Comment

Thank you so much, i will try that

Comment

Originally posted by ndarjo21 View Post
                                i have buy ch314a, 1.8v adapter, and ene adapter. i have try by connect the ksi4, ksi5, ksi6, ksi7 and kso3 to the ch314a by use ene adapter which is this https://www.tokopedia.com/pratamakom...rt809f-flasher . i have also connect kso3 to ground, but i connect the vcc to vcc in bios pin 8 which is 3.3 volt. when i detect the ic in neoprogrammer, it says "ic not respond". should i connect the vcc to vcc kbc? or should i try use 1.8 adapter?
                                Why not ask the seller about flash ENE?

Comment

Working...
                                X