Samsung un58tu7000fxza - Power cycles with no picture, only backlight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung un58tu7000fxza - Power cycles with no picture, only backlight

Well, after trying to block some of the lines in different places with electrical tape I had no success. It was then that I noticed that the far left (as looking from the back) ribbon tape from the panel board to the panel was torn. It apparently happened while trying to remove the screw less back. Ironically I read a post somewhere that suggested cutting one or two of the traces at a time at that connection to bypass possible bad components on that side. I'm guessing this would do the same as the tape method. The backlights stay on now and I have sound but no picture. Can the ribbons going to the panel be repaired or is the tv toast. Not sure what to do next.

Comment

Last edited by alfatv; 06-11-2022, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Same issue here. Same TV. Were you able to diagnosis the issue and find a solution?

please share

Comment

Originally posted by nguyenak View Post
          Same issue here. Same TV. Were you able to diagnosis the issue and find a solution?

please share
          No, I wasn't able to find a solution.

Comment

Originally posted by brad2157 View Post
            No, I wasn't able to find a solution.
            So basically, replacing:
            1. Panel Cable
            2. Power Supply Board
            3. Main Board

None of the above would fix the issue? Cost is $110 total. (20% restocking fee)

Should I take a chance? or is it hopeless?

Comment

Same TV here, slightly different problem. TV does not power on, nothing, I changed the PS board and the Motherboard but still nothing. With back removed and plugging in unit the backlights come on bright, then dim and cycle on/off. The standby light flashes 1 then 2 blinks. When disconnecting the 2 boards the backlights come on bright and remain on. Thanks in advance for some help

burns

Comment

@pdsterns, suppose its possible they sent a defective mainboard or was messed up in shipping.
                Last edited by nomoresonys; 10-19-2022, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Update, when I unplug the ribbon cable from the motherboard the tv gets stable and "she" starting to talk to me about setting up the unit. The PS was out of a new scrapped TV and the Motherboard was new, both very careully packed and no damage on box, but always a possibility
                  Last edited by pdsterns; 10-19-2022, 06:09 PM.

Comment

did you test with your multimeter at the powerboard connector if you are getting the ps-on and the backlight on signal from the mainboard?

Comment

if i understand your post correctly, with cable from mainboard to powerboard unhooked you get steady backlight, that means the powerboard and backlights are ok.

Comment

@nomoresonys, Yes, I don't think I need to use a multimeter since things are steady with cable disconnected, do I? ribbon Cable from MB to screen disconnected all is stable

Cable from PS to MB disconnected all stable and Backlights on
                        Ribbon cable from MB to front panel disconnected, all stable and "she" talks about setting up
                        Everything connected I get power cycling of backlights
                        Last edited by pdsterns; 10-19-2022, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Disconnect one ribbon cable from t-con to panel and see if it stays on. Then the other.
                          I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

@dskall, are you calling the long narrrow strips at the bottom of the panel T-con boards? when disconnecting either cable the tv remains stable with BLs on and the unit (she) begins to give me instructions on setting up. This tv does not have a rectangular tcon board as far as I can tell

thanks for the help
                            Last edited by pdsterns; 10-20-2022, 07:35 AM.

Comment

yes that was correct test, was there any display or change in display when you did it?

Comment

Well I am really not sure as unit is face down on bed but is seems to me that the 2 tcon boards do not want to play together. Tcon board are part of the panel and can not be replaced. It seems that I am hosed pretty bad. Can you operate the unit with 1 tcon strip?

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIjq...chaelDranfield
                                  I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6gkuTP7Lt0

Comment

Thanks for the vids and I see what is happening. My tcon boards are in series so I can really only disconnect the right. When I plug in with it disconnected the tv comes on, with no picture, no blinking standby, also I can turn it off with the remote. I really do not see how it would be possible to modify the connector strip with tape not knowing what any of the pins are do. As far as looking for a big cap that is pretty much out also. Any other ideas out there?

Comment

Well I blocked the last 3 (about) traces using a strip of paper on the ribbon that goes to the right Tcon strip and Tv reacts normal, no cycle, backlights on, no blinking standby and it can be turned on/off with the remote and she talks about setup. Now to move it to the bench and add a signal and see if I've got anything, the adventure continues, will up date by early afternoon est

Comment

Thats a very good sign, good thing you kept trying.

Comment

Working...
                                          X