Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP DA0R53MB6E0 S5_ON not present

Hello,
    I have the motherboard "DA0R53MB6E0 REV E" and it had a short capacitor (PC74) from the 3V & 5V regulator chip (PU7 - TPS51123A). I replaced the capacitor and the regulator chip and now the white light on the power jack lights but the laptop doesn't start. I measure all the pins from the regulator chip and the pin18 has 0Volt which is the S5_ON. I reprogram the bios but the same thing. Any idea for what is the problem or where I have to look (maybe the bios that I install isn't the right, but if it isn't the white light on the power jack will lights?). At the below link you can see the current that draws instantly when I turn it on.

https://files.fm/f/vj9jhh6vh
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Spongebob89; 06-25-2022, 05:45 PM.

Re: HP DA0R53MB6E0 S5_ON not present

Focus on PU8, the charger IC.

What are the voltage readings for the following?

+VIN

ACIN

REGN

Comment

Originally posted by mon2 View Post
      Focus on PU8, the charger IC.

What are the voltage readings for the following?

+VIN

ACIN

REGN

Hello,
      I measured the below. Also, as I saw on the datasheet of PU8 (BQ24728) the voltages that I measured must be ok. Any else idea for what to look? Many thanks for your reply.

+VIN = 19V

ACIN = 3V

REGN = 6V
      Attached Files

Comment

S5_ON will come after mb switches on-so that's not your problem(very likely). Check AD_ID,flash bios as first steps.

Comment

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
          S5_ON will come after mb switches on-so that's not your problem(very likely). Check AD_ID,flash bios as first steps.

Hello,
          I measured the below. Also, I re-flash the bios but nothing new happend... the same thing. Also, if I install a wrong version of bios the white light at the power connector don't shine. What else I have to look (this failure is mind blown). Thanks for your reply.

AD_ID = 0,774V
          AD_TYPE = 0,766V
          Attached Files
          Last edited by SMDFlea; 08-14-2022, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Post a clear picture of TPS51123 area. The AD_ID seems fine.

Comment

Post a clear picture of TPS51123 area. The AD_ID seems fine.
              At the attachements I have the full design of TPS51123.
              Attached Files

Comment

I didnt asked for diagram of TPS51123 but a clear pic of the mb area.

Comment

I didnt asked for diagram of TPS51123 but a clear pic of the mb area.
                  I hope this will help.
                  Attached Files

Comment

The soldering seems to be poor . Apply bga flux and touch all the pins with solder iron first.

Comment

The soldering seems to be poor . Apply bga flux and touch all the pins with solder iron first.
                      I did it but not working again... This motherboard is going to crazy me.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Have you confirmed that DC-in mosfets are not shorted / leaking (PQ46 & PQ48) ?

Remove all power. Meter in resistance mode.

Check the resistance across the mosfet pins

Source (1-2-3) & Drain (5-6-7-8)
                        Source (1-2-3) & gate (4)
                        gate (4) & Drain (5-6-7-8)

Post the resistance readings for each mosfet. Also include the meter scale used for the measurements.

Comment

Have you confirmed that DC-in mosfets are not shorted / leaking (PQ46 & PQ48) ?

Remove all power. Meter in resistance mode.

Check the resistance across the mosfet pins

Source (1-2-3) & Drain (5-6-7-8)
                          Source (1-2-3) & gate (4)
                          gate (4) & Drain (5-6-7-8)

Post the resistance readings for each mosfet. Also include the meter scale used for the measurements.
                          I measured the mosfets on the PCB (without desolder them)
                          Multimeter Fluke 28 II (Autoscale)
                          PQ46
                          Source (1-2-3) & Drain (5-6-7-8) ->Resistance: 336Kohm (Diode: 0,534V)
                          Source (1-2-3) & gate (4) ->Resistance: 1,29Mohm (Diode: O.L.)
                          gate (4) & Drain (5-6-7-8) ->Resistance: O.L. (Diode: O.L.)

PQ48
                          Source & Drain ->Resistance: 1,69Mohm (Diode: 0,464V)
                          Source & gate ->Resistance: 1,696Mohm (Diode: O.L.)
                          gate & Drain ->Resistance: 300Kohm (Diode: O.L.)

After PQ48 I have 19,57Volt, so these mosfets must be ok.
                          Attached Files

Comment

The voltage can be present if the mosfets are leaking or shorted.

The ~300k resistance readings are still a suspect for each mosfet.

Recommend to replace both of these mosfets.

If ordering from AliExpress, consider to buy spares and even the mosfets that are used for charging the battery.

Proceed to check the resistance of the other mosfets linked to this IC = 1x battery mosfet; high side and low side mosfet used for charging.

The mosfets and this charging IC are very inexpensive.

Comment

The voltage can be present if the mosfets are leaking or shorted.

The ~300k resistance readings are still a suspect for each mosfet.

Recommend to replace both of these mosfets.

If ordering from AliExpress, consider to buy spares and even the mosfets that are used for charging the battery.

Proceed to check the resistance of the other mosfets linked to this IC = 1x battery mosfet; high side and low side mosfet used for charging.

The mosfets and this charging IC are very inexpensive.

Hi, I after measurements of measurements I found that the value of the resistor “PR110” was 114ohm instead of 10ohm and I replaced it. After that I measured again the voltage across all the pins of “TPS51123A” (my measurements are at the attached image). About the mosfets I am not sure that are shorted because I inject voltage at the output capacitor of 5V & 3,3V and the current consumption was 110mA. I found the below mosfets on ebay.. except from the “ME7835” (this one that is on me motherboard are different – picture 2).
                              If I desolder the charging mosfets (PQ31 & PQ33) it will start the motherboard without them, so to make sure that this is the problem or no?

10pcs AO 77O2A AON77O2A 7702A AON7702A QFN8 IC Chip
                              https://www.ebay.com/itm/27397142832...wAAOSw3TldW-ip

10pcs 820 B2O 82O NO3 B20 N03 MTB20N03V8 B20N03 EMB20N03V DFN3x3-8 IC Chip
                              https://www.ebay.com/itm/40307641324...YAAOSwoKBfvm-S

1PCS Brand New BQ728 BQ24728 BQ24728RGRT BQ24728RGRR QFN IC Chip
                              https://www.ebay.com/itm/27484317257...gAAOSwVPZg0znG

10pcs M3O16D M30I6D M301GD M3016D QM3016D TO252 Transistor
                              https://www.ebay.com/itm/40167510818...sAAOSw-FRcJxY6

this is not like this I have on my motherboard (CEE0445) - Picture 3
                              ME7835
                              https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...E7835&_sacat=0

Many thanks to all of you for the help.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Spongebob89; 07-10-2022, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Yes, every mosfet is a suspect.

Remove all power and measure the resistance across the pins of :

PQ27 = battery mosfet
                                PQ31 = high side charging mosfet
                                PQ33 = low side charging mosfet

Post each reading.

If you find that removing PQ31 / PQ33 allows for the laptop to turn on normally then the fault is with PQ31 / PQ33 area.

Comment

Yes, every mosfet is a suspect.

Remove all power and measure the resistance across the pins of :

PQ27 = battery mosfet
                                  PQ31 = high side charging mosfet
                                  PQ33 = low side charging mosfet

Post each reading.

If you find that removing PQ31 / PQ33 allows for the laptop to turn on normally then the fault is with PQ31 / PQ33 area.
                                  I measured these transistors after I removed them. It looks all fine. Also I tried to start the motherboard without resolder them back and as you can see on the below video it makes the same thing again (standby draws about 40mA and after I enable the motherboard for 3 sec draws 100mA and then back to 40mA).

PQ27
                                  Source (1-2-3) & Drain (5-6-7-8) ->Resistance: 1.86Mohm
                                  Source (1-2-3) & Gate (4) ->Resistance: O.L.
                                  Gate (4) & Drain (5-6-7-8) ->Resistance: O.L.

PQ31
                                  Source (1-2-3) & Drain (5-6-7-8) ->Resistance: 1.88Mohm

PQ33
                                  Source (1-2-3) & Drain (5-6-7-8) ->Resistance: 1.89Mohm

Video:
                                  https://files.fm/f/4dkxupgu4
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Your soldering is very bad, apply more flux and use Amtech NC-559, even chinese copies from aliexpress work very good, at least for me.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3286...23080556%21sea
                                    Attached Files
                                    I don't provide help for people using CH341A and a clip.

Comment

Originally posted by DanielDacko View Post
                                      Your soldering is very bad, apply more flux and use Amtech NC-559, even chinese copies from aliexpress work very good, at least for me.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3286...23080556%21sea
                                      These are old photos... I rework all the solder.

Comment

Since S5_on is not available, check the impedance and if it is fine,back trace to sio and check it required voltage.

Comment

Working...
                                        X