Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dell MB replacement into larger MB tray - suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell MB replacement into larger MB tray - suggestions?

I got a bunch of the recapped SX270 SDT boards and just realized the machines these need to go into are all SMT (mini-tower).

Good news is that all the ports line up correct on tray. But there are four ground clips on each corner and only 2 line up on one side (see pics)

Any suggestions on how to make this work?

I am sure if there is a will there is a way. Otherwise the school these were to go to are not going to reimburse me unless they work for them. Please help.
    Attached Files

Re: Dell MB replacement into larger MB tray - suggestions?

those arent for grounding, they are to keep the board from flexing without the cheap bastards using another 2 or 3 threaded posts like on a decent brand.

if it's stable i'd leave it,
    if not, try to put some rubber feet/blocks under the board so it cant move towards the baselate.

Comment

Re: Dell MB replacement into larger MB tray - suggestions?

Originally posted by stj View Post
      those arent for grounding, they are to keep the board from flexing without the cheap bastards using another 2 or 3 threaded posts like on a decent brand.

if it's stable i'd leave it,
      if not, try to put some rubber feet/blocks under the board so it cant move towards the baselate.
      Under each one its says GNDCLP# so I just assumed it was a grounding clip but I would have thought only one ground would be needed. Then again never seen a single motherboard need grounding.

I might give it a whirl since I am not installing any cards on that side and the CPU sink's weight is on the side that is secured.

Comment

Working...
      X