HP dc7800p Date and time Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP dc7800p Date and time Problem

i have two hp dc7800p,with the same problem,time and date and bios setting keeps resetting ,i updated the bios and changed the cmos battery and still the same problem everytime the machine is unplugged.
    any ideas?
    Thank You.

Re: HP dc7800p Date and time Problem

Check the terminals running from the battery holder to the motherboard. Also, is there an oscillator for the time/date timekeeping? If so, check those terminals and resolder the CMOS battery's terminals and resolder the oscillator's terminals and report back on the status.
    Don't buy those $10 PSU "specials". They fail, and they have taken whole computers with them.

My computer doubles as a space heater.

Permanently Retired Systems:
    RIP Advantech UNO-3072LA (2008-2021) - Decommissioned and taken out of service permanently due to lack of software support for it. Not very likely to ever be recommissioned again.
    Asus Q550LF (Old main laptop, 2014-2022) - Decommissioned and stripped due to a myriad of problems, the main battery bloating being the final nail in the coffin.

Kooky and Kool Systems
    - 1996 Power Macintosh 7200/120 + PC Compatibility Card - Under Restoration
    - 1993 Gateway 2000 80486DX/50 - Fully Operational/WIP
    - 2004 Athlon 64 Retro Gaming System - Indefinitely Parked
    - Main Workstation - Fully operational!

sigpic

Comment

Re: HP dc7800p Date and time Problem

lol reminds me one time in 2001 asus a7ava or something .. we used jumper of reset cmos with power on.. smoke came out of a diode near batt and lost date also like this.

Comment

Working...
      X