Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UE40EH5000KXXU No power completely dead

How easy is it to replace HDMI ports?
    Have obtained a cheap supposedly working main board (awaiting delivery) with by the looks of it damaged ports though the main i.c that drives them could be damaged/faulty too but hoping not.
    Last edited by notallbad; 10-18-2019, 03:59 PM.

Comment

It's fairly easy, just be wary of melting the plastic part if you're using hot air.

Comment

Interesting video here, probably not your exact problem tho, as it sounds like you are seeing visibly damaged ports: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5nABxQ0BQE

Comment

Got the same TV open on my table today and our friend the Z1051Pi has melted perhaps explaining the "not suitable for new designs". same symptoms standby light on, no video, backlights on when mains applied but no response from remote or keypad.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by CuriousJohn; 01-23-2020, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Had some good learning and practice on this set so far the mainboard has multiple problems the first being this melted Z1051PI which i have now restored but it might not look pretty to the more skilled tho its electrically sound, it was melted so bad i had to repair the track underneath using a thin sliver of copper. See photo below.

The new Z1051PI now provides 3.3v out however the set is still dead. Thanks to the Service manual power tree discovered IC202 a sop23 npn transistor has failed taking the minicom with it and this is also a known problem according to posts in polish places. IC202 provides 3.3v to minicom, EEProm, IR and others. 3.3Vcc was short to GND, removing IC1201 solved this though i dont yet have the 3.3v restored as waiting on delivery of new ic202 which is a G1 npn transistor BC847C, incredibly cant find a suitable donor in my parts box. As soon as i have the 3.3v working i will then tackle the minicom which will also need programming.

TBC

Question, IC1001 X9 scaler chip is getting hot even with the set in a dead state, would it be reasonable to suspect a problem here to lol its like this board has been subject to a good surge if it ever works again we'll see...
            Attached Files

Comment

What's a "minicom"? You mean Weltrend MPU i guess..
              IC202 it's not a transistor! as said by R J it's a 5v>3,3v regulator. IT feeds only the MPU.
              You need a new MPU and program it with RT809F/H or get a programmed one from ebay.
              Last edited by Davi.p; 02-08-2020, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X