Bush BMKDVD40 stuck on logo screen cycle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bush BMKDVD40 stuck on logo screen cycle

Have a Bush BMKDVD40, it starts up as far as the Bush logo screen, hangs on it for a while, then TV restarts and same again, stuck in continuous loop of this.

A google search suggested possible corrupt firmware??

Any help or advice greatly appreciated, and views on the corrupt firmware theory?
    Attached Files

Re: Bush BMKDVD40 stuck on logo screen cycle

if you can find the eeprom ic sometimes you can freeze or heat the ic and it allows the set too boot fully you could then try a factory reset etc

Comment

I have rang Bush Technical helpline, r.e. firmare, and they say its a Hardware issue, wouldnt be firmware, and they cant offer any further help lol

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
        if you can find the eeprom ic sometimes you can freeze or heat the ic and it allows the set too boot fully you could then try a factory reset etc
        Yeah thats what I was gonna try first m8, do you know the factory reset proceedure for this model please?

Comment

check places like ohms supplies etc and see if eeprom ics are available, what are the lcd screen number, and mainboard number used in this set

Comment

Originally posted by Bloopeta View Post
            Yeah thats what I was gonna try first m8, do you know the factory reset proceedure for this model please?
            i have brought a proper can of freeze spray for using on ics as air duster upside down does not always work imo amazon sell it cheap, and no not sure of factory reset numbers etc not sure if its in the thread in this forum
            maybe worth a try
            https://factory-reset.com/wiki/Bush_Service_Menu
            Last edited by vinceroger69; 01-23-2020, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Ive managed to source a replacement board for peanuts, so just ordered that to swap out

Comment

Personally I would tend it to be a firmware corrupted issue (spi flash ic )and not a hardware problem.
                Its an unusual TV board to get hold of working for this model.
                If you can get the board cheap then copy the flash ic and put the copy onto the defective board to prove the fault.
                Good luck

Comment

Working...
                X