HP ML350 G5 - need help with caps above RAM slots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP ML350 G5 - need help with caps above RAM slots

I have a ML350 G5 that I have already replaced all the caps on, but the three above the ram slots are leaking again after about two years. That part of the board gets extremely hot, so I'm trying to find poly alternatives to use up there. After examining some pictures of the motherboard I realized some newer models replaced some of the failure prone caps with poly, and I can see they used 16v 270uF. What I can't see is any of the identifying marks to reference the specs. Can anyone with one of these servers and the newer motherboard please post the detailed specs of those caps?

Re: HP ML350 G5 - need help with caps above RAM slots

Rather than waiting for someone to open up their server and take pictures, I think you can get more help if you give us some details on your motherboard (and pictures too if possible). In particular, what caps were there originally on the motherboard before you replaced them (brand, series, capacitance, voltage, and case size) and what did you replace them with?

And since you know the newer motherboards use 270 uF polymers, then perhaps the more important question is, what is the diameter of the failed caps (in mm)?

In general, you have quite a few choices of polymer brands and series...

Brand: series...
    Nichicon : LF, LG, FPCAP R5, FPCAP R7, FPCAP L8, FPCAP NS and a few others
    United Chemicon: PSC, PSA, PS, PSG, and PSF
    Panasonic: OS-CON series (formerly made by Sanyo)... SEP, SEPC, and SEPF

Here is one possible choice that will work
    https://www.badcaps.net/store/produc...products_id=78
    it is a 330 uF cap, but it should be no problem at all... as long as it fits, that is. It has a 10 mm diameter.
    Last edited by momaka; 06-03-2015, 05:40 PM.

Comment

I actually have two threads going about this with two different tactics for identification. (https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=46785) I was able to source crappy pics of the caps in question from another thread on here, and it was enough to get a match on United Chemicon for the brand. Based on extrapolated dimensions, I'm assuming the part number is APSF160ELL271MHB5S and ordered 13 of them.

Comment

United Chemicon PSF should work fine. But any of the series I listed above will work too.

Comment

First three caps are replaced and working great so far. If it makes it through the night without a hitch I will continue to replace the rest.

Comment

Working...
          X